BuddyDev

Search

Image not displaying in Group Post

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    David on #23608

When I use MediaPress I am not seeing the image in the group post, but the image is seen in the main gallery. I have everything setup as public with MediaPress and have permissions for the contributor setup with ample access.

It works fine when I use rtMedia, but to be honest I like the looks, the feel, and the options of MediaPress so much more and would prefer to use.

• Participant
    David on #23609
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #23632

Hi David,
    Thank you for sharing the details.

1. Please network disable MediaPress
    2. Please Activate MediaPress on your main site of the network(or if you are using BuddyPress on a secondary site, then there)

3. Please try to upload some media from activity and let me know if it works?

The different between RT Media and us in handling activity upload is that we dynamically attach generated content when activity is fetched/displayed. That allows us greater control over the listing and future changes. They inject the html in the actual content in activity content.

We use the action ‘bp_activity_entry_content’ to attach our generated media list. It is available in most of the themes(if they override BuddyPress activity entry template) or if you are using default bp-legacy/nouveau, It is present in buddypress/activity/entry.php

Can you please tell me if your theme or framework comes with Support with BuddyPress. If it does, Please ask the theme developers from where activity entry is loaded. That will give me the idea.
    X is very popular theme and I will be glad to add the compatibility even if it needs to be done in some other way.

You may also check in your theme/child theme if you have a “buddyoress/activity” directory and if entry.php is present there.

Please let me know and I will assist.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    David on #23635

First and foremost, thank you for your assistance!

I did follow steps 1 thru 3, but made no difference.

Yes there is a buddypress/activity folder under my theme and it contains an entry.php file, but I am not seeing anything in the file matching bp_activity_entry_content.

I will reach out to the theme developers with you question and will be getting back to you as soon as I here back from them.

Thanks
    David

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #23636

Hi David,
    Thank you.

If possible, Please do share the content of activity/entry.php. It may give some idea(if the hook is missing or they are generating it differently) and I can assist quickly.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    David on #23646
  • Participant
    David on #23662
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #23687

Hi,
    Sorry for the delayed reply. Please do as they suggested. It will fix it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    David on #23695

No worries, I am sure you have a life outside all of this 🙂

Thanks for the help. I will give it a try.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #23710

Thank you.
    I hope it works.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved