BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Incompatible plugins – Member Types Pro / Conditional Fields

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Duncan Hamilton on #16621

I want several member types, and I want them to complete different fields at signup.

I used conditional fields which was great, but now member types pro is stopping the conditional logic working correctly

http://prntscr.com/keb2x8

I don’t want member types pro handling the field conditions when there is a plugin for that that works just fine.

Any advice?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16622

Hi Duncan,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

I will explain the issue and a solution.

The box that you see on the right side is supplied by BuddyPress not the member types plugin. BuddyPress will show that box when you have any member type registered(via the plugin or code).

The problem is, if you select a member type in that box, BuddyPress will only provide that field for the selected member types.

Since conditional field expects the data from the depending field, It might not be available(based on the member type of the user and will break it).

A simple solution is to Check all the member types for the field and It will work.

Please give it a try.

PS:- If you don’t need the condition on Registration page, you can simply disable the conditional field and use the member type checkbox to specify the fields. BuddyPress will only show selected fields on a user edit page.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Duncan Hamilton on #16626

ah I see! I understand now, and yes, your suggestion seems to be working perfectly.

thanks for the quick response!

looking forward to trying out the rest of the plugins you have here

thanks

duncan

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16627

Thank you Duncan.
    I hope you will have a great experience with our plugins.

Marking it as resolved.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Incompatible plugins – Member Types Pro / Conditional Fields’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved