BuddyDev

Search

infinite scroll members directory with ajax

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Nushara on #28558

Hey their developers.

I am questioning if it would be possible to load the members’ directory using AJAX and upon reaching the end of the page? It would work so much better than with a pagination for my purpose.

Would be great if you could give me some code snippet or something since I am not very experienced in AJAX.

Thank you very much,

– Mike from Nushara

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28565

Hi Mike,
    Thank you for the question.

It is doable. You will need to keep track of the pages and check for reaching the end of the page. As per a previous discussion, you can use the same javascript function for loading items.

I do plan to put an example in couple of weeks for one of our theme.

@ JJ
    Hi JJ,
    I am sorry, You can edit the reply here but the forum does not allow deleting it. Do you want me to delete your reply? Please let me know.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Nushara on #28581

Hey Brajesh,

thank you for the reply. I already fiddled around with it, but I am not getting it to work. The biggest issue I am facing is to append the content instead of replacing it. Also, how to fire the function and wait for it to finish till it can get fired again (since you are already scrolled at the bottom so it fires more than once).

So instead of hacking it together creating more issues I will have to wait for you to post an example.

Let me know if I can help you out at any point. Maybe we can make it work together.

Best regards,
    – Mike from Nushara

• Participant
    Nushara on #28814

Hey @Brajesh Singh

I just wanted to get back to you if you have news about this topic?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28823

Hi Mike,
    Thank you for checking in.

I haven’t been able to find time for this. I will most probably have some time next week.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Kashif on #30406

@Nushara were you able to sort this out ?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved