BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] insert 'BP Member Type Phrase' in Meta Title

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    lavish on #4515

Anyone generating Member Types must be doing it because those member types enhance their website’s usability.

Let’s say someone runs a BuddyPress site that features Doctors, Lawyers, Accountants etc. These keywords in the meta title of the individual profile will boost site’s SEO like anything. You might want to add the code to your plugin in future.

In fact it would be great if you make your own BuddyPress SEO plugin. If you can give option to create titles by using xprofile fields (https://israelwebdev.wordpress.com/2011/08/17/buddypress-metas-title-using-xprofile-field-data/),

I would choose

1 – Member Type Field
    2 – City / Locaion

The generated title would be something like – Accountant Delhi – Member Name – Sitename

I am using BuddyPress for years and always missed a good SEO plugin. And I have been following you ever since (https://buddydev.com/buddypress/making-wordpress-seo-plugin-compatible-with-buddypress/)

Just sharing an idea, hope it’s fine to do so.

Thanks

• Participant
    lavish on #5023

Hello @sbrajesh @ravisharma

Guys please help me with this as soon as you can. I have just discovered that in spite of the member type phrase being inserted in the title which does show in the browser tab, it is not an H1 title!!

Here is how it is showing in the source code –

<title>Member Type Phrase – Member Name – Site Name</title>

There is an another H1 tag in the source which is shown as –

<h1 class="entry-title"> Member Name</h1>

Can you guys please help me have the inserted phrase to be a part of title that has H1?

Thank you very much

• Participant
    lavish on #5025

Sorry guys, seems the culprit is my theme. I am now talking to the theme developer.

Sorry to bother you.

Thank you

The topic ‘ [Resolved] insert 'BP Member Type Phrase' in Meta Title’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved