BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] insert image via wysiwyg into forum posts bbpress

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Simon Parker on #3561

I am using bbpress and would like to ahve people with galleries be able to add their images into bbpress posts but this doesnt seem to be available currently?
    planned for the future? or am i missing a setting somewhere?

• Participant
    Simon Parker on #3562

specifically i was looking for a button in the wysiwyg where you click to add an image from your gallery.
    If not would be a really nice addon.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3575

Hi Simon,
    I am sorry about this. It is not available yet. We have plans for allowing using gallery images and uploading for bbPress, WordPress comments in version 1.2 around August this year. For now, It will be easy to use wp.media to create a frame that allows uploading/inserting images.

• Participant
    Simon Parker on #3609

damn bit of a wait for that then.

Could you point me in the right direction for using wp.media pls. Im not sure what that is.

Is it just to create an iframe and load just your code for the gallery. then pass the uirl for the image back with Javascript or similar?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3619

Hi Simon,
    will post an example in 1-2 days. Sorry for the delay.

• Participant
    Simon Parker on #4741

code sample?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4743

Hi Simon,
    I wrote an almost complete plugin that you may modify for your need. I have just pushed the code to github. It allows users to add photos in replies.

https://github.com/buddydev/bbp-attach-media

Hope that helps.

• Participant
    Simon Parker on #4746

Thats brilliant. will pick this up and push back anything i can add to it.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4751

Thank you. It needs some work on editing reply etc, allow deleting.

I am looking forward to your contributions.

• Participant
    Simon Parker on #4823

One thing i need to trry and figure out with this is how to use the mediapress gallery uploader.

I have modified it so that the popup media window only allows the current users posts but if they add media through this by uploading it just goes into the wordpress media uploads folder and there is no record of it in the user galleries.

What i would like to do is get the gallery parts in tabs. uploader in part 1 and the current galleries etc in tab 2.

Any suggestions or ideas on this?

The topic ‘ [Resolved] insert image via wysiwyg into forum posts bbpress’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved