BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Is buddyBlog (in)compatible with WP 5.0+?

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Richard Foley on #19519

hi Brajesh,

I’m just finished with a pile of plugin upgrades on my site, related to the recent WP 5.0 Gutenberg release, which as you will know uses a different editor. I noticed when updating an existing blog post that the content area looked wildly different to previously. Essentially all the “controls” are gone, except for the “add media” button. So, no “add link”, “formatting”, “bold”, “alignment”, etc. all gone. Also /members/$username/buddyblog/edit appears to have disappeared…

The versions I have are: WP=5.0.1, BP=4.1.0, BB=1.3.3, SFEP=1.3.5

My question then is whether you are intending to upgrade buddyBlog (and simpleFrontEndPost) to maintain compatibility with the new WP editor interface, or do I need to look for a different solution?

Thanks in advance for any helpful feedback.

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19520

Hi Richard,
    The plugin is compatible with WordPress 5.0+

Please see how the editor looks here

https://i.imgur.com/O4uavbg.png

If it is not looking like this, there may be some other plugin or code causing the issue.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #19522

ok, your image looks exactly as expected, maybe it’s a local conflict. I’ll investigate further (and close this). Many thanks for your prompt feedback!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19523

Hi Richard,
    No problem.
    Please do let me know what was the issue when you resolve it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #19552

hey Brajesh,

this may have been simply “my bad” as I think I was surprised by being sent to the backend to edit instead of the frontend. Hence a relatively simple case of user-confusion. It’s all good at this end, as one would expect 🙂

Apologies for wasting your time.

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19560

Hi Richard,
    No worries. Thank you for sharing the details.

I am glad it was not an issue 🙂

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Is buddyBlog (in)compatible with WP 5.0+?’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved