BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] is "Enable group galleries by default" working?

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Jaume Aragay on #3253

In Group settings I have “Enable group galleries by default?” set to Yes but If I don’t set the “Enable Gallery” checkbox when creating a group, in the second screen, I don’t get galleries for that group.

1.- Shouldn’t “Enable Gallery” be checked by default if the Group setting is set to Yes?

2.- Is there a way to add Gallery to a group later if the option was not set when the group was created?

Thanks,

Jaume.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3255

Hi Jaume,
    I am sorry, that settings is used for a different purpose. For enabling the Galleries for groups which were created before MediaPress was activated.

It has no bearng on second step, May bewe should have it enabled on second step?

2. You can manually add galleries to any group after creation, Are you facing any issue there?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jaume Aragay on #3273

Hi Brajesh, 🙂

I added galleries to a group after creation manually. No problem there! 😉

After adding the code to auto-create the galleries for the groups on group creation I think it would make sense to check the enable Galleries button by default for new groups.

Just curious… How do you get to that “enable gallery” page after the group has been created? When I edit a group I don’t go through those 5 pages again… By the way (sort-of-out-topic-here) do you know how to add a group avatar to a previously created group?

Thank you,

Jaume.

• Participant
    Jaume Aragay on #3274

Just found how to edit/add an image to a previously created group in the group admin section! 😉

Is there a way to set the enable Gallery checkbox from code or should the code be tweaked?

TIA,

Jaume.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3305

Hi Jaume,
    I am sorry for the delayed reply. I will update MediaPress to make it honors the default choice.

I am glad you found the solution for change avatar 🙂

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved