BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] is gallery reordering supposed to work on IOS?

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Andy on #9572

Hi there,

It seems that while the ‘reorder’ feature within gallery edit works well on desktop, it doesn’t seem to work at all on my iphone 6. There doesn’t seem to be any way to drag the photos around. I have tried on the mediapress demo site and on my own dev site and it’s the same. Is that intended behavior? It’s a cool feature but if it doesn’t work on IOS I’d need to disable it because half my users are on iphones. Am I missing something? Or is there a way of modifying the reorder template so it will work?

Thanks,
    Andy

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9586

Hi Andy,
    The reorder should have worked. We don’t do anything fancy(Its simple jquery UI sortable/droppable).
    I don’t own iphone, so I am unable to check the issue. If you or anyone can see the console and point me to the issue, I can easily fix it.

For now, you can remove the reorder nav on the mobile devices

/**
     * Remove the reorder nav on mobile devices
     */
    add_action( 'mpp_setup_globals', function () {
    	if( wp_is_mobile() ) {
    		mpp_remove_gallery_nav_item('reorder');
    	}
    }, 11 );

Hope that helps.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Andy on #9597

Thank you, Brajesh.

The information you provide is really helpful, and I figured out the issue, on my site anyways.

Apparently jquery UI sortable/droppable doesn’t work properly on IOS by default (see here for example: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12051045/jquery-ui-sortable-and-dragable-not-working-on-ipad-iphone-or-android)

There is an easy fix, which is to load the following small js script that modifies the behavior:

http://touchpunch.furf.com/

Just implemented this and it works on my iphone now! The styling of the reorder template is messed up but it’s probably my theme and I should be able to make it look nice with a child theme override and CSS work.

Thanks,
    Andy

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9599

Thank you Andy.
    Nice find there and we will put an optional setting to add it in future(Disabled by default to avid any conflict).

I am glad the sorting is fixed. Please use css for tabs now and let me know if you need any assistance.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] is gallery reordering supposed to work on IOS?’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved