BuddyDev

Search

Is it possible to do blog posting by Group instead of user/member please?

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Delyth Chandler on #79

Hi thanks for the Buddyblog plugin.
    I’ve been trying to set it up and it seems that the blog posting is only done by user. We need to have blog posting done by Group.
    Is this possible please?
    Many thanks
    Delyth

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #80

Hi Delyth,
    Welcome to the BuddyDev forum.

I am not sure what do you mean by the blog posting done by groups? Do you want to associate posts to groups?

Can you please take a look at this and let me know if this is something in that direction?
    https://buddydev.com/plugins/blog-categories-for-groups/

I am looking forward to hear more details from you and help you.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Delyth Chandler on #85

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you for your quick response.
    Yes, that does seem to be what I was asking for. However, I’ve had a go with it and I don’t think that we will be able to use it.
    The categories are selected by checkboxes on the post screen, and we are expecting to have over 6000 of these, so it would not be practical to have a list of checkboxes this long. (our groups are cooking clubs in schools all over the uk).
    I think we are going to come up against this kind of problem with a lot of plugins that I’m trying out.

Many thanks

Delyth

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #86

Hi Delyth,
    Thank you for the reply.
    It is possible to hide the category check boxes and automatically assign category to any post create in the group.

It will need a small amount of custom code though. In case you plan to look at the blog categories for groups in future, will be happy to help.
    Have a great day.

Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    HansRuedi Keller on #87

Hi Brajesh,

+1 for “BP Group Blogs” – that would be a great addition for a lot of communities (cooking clubs or whatever kind of “special interest”).

The group admin would be able to write/publish blog posts in the frontend for his/her group. The posts should only be visible in the particular group (public, private or hidden) and not appear in the main blog. It should be possible to use it with single WP installations AND perfect would be to have ONE plugin as a simple out-of-the-box solution with no backend config.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #100

Thank you Hans. I am hopeful to update The Blog Categories plugin in 1-2 weeks and include the exact same functionality as in your above reply 🙂

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    HansRuedi Keller on #146

Hi Brajesh,

I really would like to work with “Group Blogs” – the first thing we need are language files for the “Blog Categories for Groups” plugin.

And I would like to see the “Blog” tab only if at least one category is choosen…

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #150

Hi Hans,
    Can you please open a new topic with enhancement. Let us leave this topic for Delyth.

I have added some enhancement 2-3 days ago to the plugin and will be happy to continue doing that 🙂

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved