BuddyDev

Search

Is there a way extend or customize the "Recent Visitors For BuddyPress Profile"

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Mical Johnson on #27918

Hi Brajesh,

Awesome stuff !! Your plugins are lifesavers as always … recently bought “Recent Visitors For BuddyPress Profile” plugin. Works perfectly!

But the problem I have is the nature of my project that I’m working on. I’ve customized the heck out of it. So a lot of stuff is not in place as they’re supposed to in a normal BP based site. I was wondering if there was a way to extend or customize some of your shortcodes?

For example, I need to add some profile info in the Most Popular Users shortcode, like, about summery, age etc. under the name and image on the list. Plz let me know if it was possible and if yes, how. At least, if you can guide me to the right direction, I’d appreciate it.

Thanx in advance

Moose

• Participant
    Mical Johnson on #27919

Also, is it possible to display which member looked at the profile … Thanx.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27955

Hi Mical,
    Thank you for the kind words using the plugin.

This plugin does not have support for template override currently. Please allow me till this wednesday to update and add the template override support.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mical Johnson on #27958

Thank you very much Brajesh … you’re a life saver … plz drop a few lines here with some directions so I can take it from there … Thanx again and I’ll be checking this thread …

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28008

Hi Mical,
    Thank you for the patience.

Please upgrade to 1.6.0. It allows template override for the member header list as well as the shortcodes.

In order to override, Please copy

recent-visitors-for-buddypress-profile/templates/recent-visitors/file 

to

yourtheme/buddypress/recent-visitors/file

Example:- to override shortcodes/top-visitors.php

Please copy

recent-visitors-for-buddypress-profile/templates/recent-visitors/shortcodes/top-visitors.php

to

yourtheme/buddypress/recent-visitors/shortcodes/top-visitors.php

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mical Johnson on #28064

Thanx very much Brajesh … just one more question … can we limit the shortcode to show only a certain member-type? Basically, we’re using your Member Type pro plugin and we have 2 types of users and we want to track only one type … is it possible somehow … that be super awesome! Plz let me know. Thanx a bunch!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28073

Hi Mical,
    Thank you.

yes, it is possible but a better option is to disable recording for the other member type.

/**
     * Disable recording of visits of a particular member type.
     */
    add_filter( 'visitor_is_visit_recordable', function ( $is_enabled, $user_id ) {

$non_recordable_types = 'teacher';// member type.
    	if ( bp_has_member_type( $user_id, $non_recordable_types ) ) {
    		$is_enabled = false;
    	}

return $is_enabled;
    }, 10, 2 );

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mical Johnson on #28097

THANK YOU very much! You are truly a lifesaver … and this is why you’re running probably the best BP Plugin company in the World!! Feel like I’m getting 10 times the money back that I’ve spent here … plz, keep up the BEST work and God Bless!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28142

Hi Mical,
    Thank you for the kind words.
    Sincerely appreciate it.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘Is there a way extend or customize the "Recent Visitors For BuddyPress Profile"’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: not resolved