Hello I installed your plugin on my website but after translating it into french (with locco translate) it broke. Can you please tell me what I did wrong and how to solve that? I was thinking I did something wrong while translating but now I deleted the plugin and re-uploaded and I still have the same, even in english. Please, can you help me out? Thanks
I had a look and I can see the issue.
BuddyPress allows components to register a notification callback. This notification callback is passed either ‘string’ or ‘array’ while being called for preparing notification.
The best practices for BuddyPress is to use the Link(anchor element) for ‘string’ format and use an array of text/link(this link points to url of the notifiable object).
It seems your theme or the code used for rendering notifications is using their own custom notification renderer and calling the notification callback incorrectly with ‘string’ instead of array.
We do have access to Gwangi theme and I will be getting back to you within 24 hours with exact solution/recommendation.
Thank you for your patience.
I have tested the plugin with Gwangi theme and it is working fine. So, I believe there is no issue with the theme.
It seems the translation broke(It is still our bug). It seems the object format, test has some issue.
For the time being, Please visit Dashboard->Loco Translate->plugins and delete the translation for this plugin. That should temporarily fix the error.
we will be releasing an update on Monday with escaped translation string.
PS:- If possible, Please download your translation and share it with me. It will help us understand what caused the notifications to break.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.