BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Issue with Profile Completion

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #29517

Hi there, I’m testing out Profile Completion, and found an issue.

If a user uploads a profile avatar after the registration process, and decides to delete it again, the user is prompted to upload an image to start using the site:

‘Please upload your profile photo to start using this site.’

‘ Must fill all required fields ‘ is checked, but ‘Must have profile photo’ is unchecked in the ‘Required criteria’

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29523

Hi Carsten,
    are you using the latest version of BuddyPress profile completion? If must have profile photo is not checked, they should not be forced for avatar upload.

any chance you have force profile enabled(or some custom code?)

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Rosa on #30301

Hi!
    I’ve a similar problem! At settings, I just checked “Must fill all required field”, but when I’m testing in front-end, the plugin forces me to fill in ALL fields.

And I have latest version of BuddyPress profile completion(v.1.0.4) and last version of BuddyBoss (v.1.3.5)!
    At settings, I haven´t force profile enabled and I don’t even have custom code.

Could be a “incompatibilty” between two?

Thank you in advance.
    All the best.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Rosa.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30304

Hi Rosa,
    Is there any chance you are using their repeater field?

The plugin should work fine with BuddyBoss. I will test it tomorrow to confirm.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Rosa on #30317

Hi Brajesh. How are you?
    Repeater field? I don’t think so. I create/ use textboxes, dropdown, a special dropdown (profile type), date,
    The “social networks” field is a repeater field?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30377

Hi Rosa,
    I have checked the plugin with BuddyBoss and I did not encounter the issue. I had 2 non required fields and all remaining required fields.

I was able to delete values from the non required fields without any issue.

I have released an update of the plugin to force recheck of the completeness on profile update, avatar upload, cover upload. Earlier, if a profile was marked complete and even somehow they become incomplete(say admin marked another field as required), they kept being treated as complete.

I am planning to force recheck on login as well in future.

Please try the plugin and check again. It should work fine with BuddyBoss platform.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #33748

Hej Brajesh, spotted a problem using the plugin when using another registration than BP, where users only add account name, email, and password to register, but are asked to fill out the rest of the required profile information to use the site on login.

For some reason, the profile name from the primary profile field group is not displayed, so the reason why the plugin has not been working for me, is that adding a profile name is missing.

Why is the required profile name not listed in profile information, when using the plugin?

Regards
    Carsten

• Participant
    calu on #33750

Hi Brajesh, I think I located the issue to a simple display: none rule, for the profile name in the profile.

Sorry for the disturbance, issue solved 😉

Regards
    Carsten

• Participant
    calu on #33751

This code from the Registration customization, was causing the issue on profile page.

form div.field_1 {
        display:none !important;
    }
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33757

Thank you for the update. I am glad it was not a bug with the plugin and you have resolved it.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Issue with Profile Completion’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved