BuddyDev

Search

Issues setting default filter for buddypress activity stream

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Marcie on #10484

Hi,

Thanks so much for the blog post: https://buddydev.com/buddypress/set-default-filter-buddypress-activity/. I’ve been trying to figure this out for quite a while and was excited to come across your article! I’m trying to default to activity_update, so your code is exactly what I need. I pasted it into my bp-custom.php file but sadly, nothing changed. Any idea on what I could be missing?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #10486

Hi Marcie,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

It is most probably working but may not be appearing like that.

BuddyPress uses cookies to keep track of the last visited tab/filter on directory and in case you have selected something else, The new default wont be used.

I will suggest checking in a different browser or clearing the cookie and then checking it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Marcie on #10490

Thanks! I wish that was the case, but I’ve cleared cookies, checked other browsers, and tried mobile all with the same result – it defers back to everything. In the past, I ended up hiding everything else except activity_updates, but I’m actually working on incorporating MediaPress galleries. If I want to show gallery uploads in the activity stream, hiding everything except activity_updates is not really an option anymore.

• Participant
    Marcie on #10491
    This reply has been marked as private.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved