- David Pell on October 31, 2017 at 7:28 pm #11493
I am using buddy boss and media press together.
When I use the video uploader on my buddyboss page, on an iphone, I get file type is unsupported.
I have tried setting the video file types:
This is working on desktop.
Here is the page in question.
#####removed details #####
Can you help me figure out the issue please?
- This topic was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Brajesh Singh. Reason: Removed auth details
- Brajesh Singh on October 31, 2017 at 8:34 pm #11495
Welcome to BuddyDev.
I am sorry but I don’t own any ios devices and won’t be able to help much.
I have seen similar issue with wplms theme earlier but was a problem with the theme and was resolved on theme part.
Can you please switch the theme for a minute and check(after clearing browser cache) that the issue is still happening?
- David Pell on November 1, 2017 at 5:00 pm #11501
I tried to help myself.
I switched to the standard wordpress theme, I cleared my cache and I still get the same issue in iphone:
I get file type is unsupported.
When I inspect in safari dev tools, I see the error is coming from the file uploader.js.
Pls advise if you can help me find a solution.
- Brajesh Singh on November 2, 2017 at 5:20 pm #11506
Please post me the error message that you see in the console.
That will help me to assist you. I will try my best to see if I can help.
- David Pell on November 3, 2017 at 1:39 pm #11512
Its called from the error function in uploader.js.
File type is unsupported.
- Brajesh Singh on November 3, 2017 at 5:45 pm #11523
Please add mov to the list of file extensions like
I read somewhere that the videos saved on iphone have mov extension.
Can you please give it a try?
- David Pell on November 3, 2017 at 8:07 pm #11525
The video now uploads. However the video shows as a link in the comment as aposed to the video displaying inline in a video player. This is on a wall page.
- Brajesh Singh on November 3, 2017 at 9:31 pm #11527
Thank you for confirming.
The problem is MediaElementjs player(The video player) we are using does not support this file type.
We are about to release a temporary solution for converting videos(using a 3rd party plugin integration), until then, I am sorry but we don’t have a solution for the iphone videos.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.