BuddyDev

Search

Issues With BuddyBlog and also with Moderation Tools

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Manuel Tejeda on #31702

Hi Brajesh, hope you’re doing fine. I have issues with thes two plugins. After I installed the WPML plugin to translate my website to Spanish, it just disappear the “Edit” and “Delete” buttons from Blogs, i.e., a user can upload a blog, but cannot delete it or edit it. Not in any of both languages. I checked my config settings and I have allowed editing and deleting, so it should be another problem or conflict. I as having problem also uploading the featured image in Spanish, but I could solve it upgrading all my members to “author” (as susbcribers they cannot upload the image).

And Moderations Tools are working great, but when you want to report something it opens a popup with the reporting form, and the you cannot close it, because you cannot see the “X” at the top right corner. I think it should be a CSS problem, but you know better. Also, I can find the strings using WPML and translate them, but then you go to the Spanish version and see that the strings were not translated and appear only in English.

Could you take a look at https://neocitizens.com (main site of the multisite). The super admin credentials I created for you last time still work, but if need them I will send to you again.

Thanks a lot and have a great day,

Manuel

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31706

Hi Manuel,
    I am sorry for the inconvenience.

The edit/delete might be related to translation.

Can you please reset my password and share again. The old password is not working. I can check and share the reason/solution.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Manuel Tejeda on #31722
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31759
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Manuel Tejeda on #31764

Hi Brajesh, thank you for your support. I cannot wait for your BuddyBlog Pro release. I know it will be awesome.

I was able to solve all my issues. The only thing I want to ask you is, do you know how to translate the whole Report form with WPML¡ Because I translated “Subject:” and “Content”, but I cannot find a way to translate “Select Categories” and categories themselves. Any suggestions will be more than welcome.

Please keep the good work. Best regards,

Manuel

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31798

Hi Manuel,
    Thank you.

Please allow me to check why the label of category was not translatable. I will check and get back to you in next 24 hours.

I am aware that terms are not translatable. The reason they are stored in database table. I will be checking to see if we can do something about it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Eric LUCAS on #33120

Hello and thanks for BuddyBlog.

I have various troubles.

1/ Many settings are very similar, or even identical, in BuddyBlog settings and in Group Blog Category settings, then how to choose ?

2/ The permalinks of the posts don’t have the full path, it’s like site.com/name-of-post so it’s very difficult to figure in which category the post is…

3/ I can’t manage to reduce the sizes of the featured images (while normally it’s automatically reduced to 250×250 px for exemple). You can see here that it is very ugly : https://autistance.org/category/group-blogs/

4/ I cannot manage to change the position of the “Blog” tab in the BP Groups primary nav, with Group Tab Creator Pro (which works well for all the rest), whatever I try, the “Blog” will always be on first position, but I want it in second position.
    And also, I’ve set a CSS class that I named “external” to have this tab opening in a new window (which usually works well) but it does not work.

5/ And also, I would like to know how, when a new Post (or Group Post) is published, to have an activity published in the BP Group Activity (and / or in the Site-Wide Activity) if possible.

Thank you.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Eric LUCAS.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Eric LUCAS.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33122

Hi Eric,
    Thank you for the reply.

Please open a new topic to help us keep the discussion focused around the issues you are facing. I will assist you there.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved