BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Join Blog Widget can´t be setted

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Uros on #43524

Hi,
    I have multisite installation (currently for test I use also your Multi network plugin) and have BuddyBoss theme/platform. On subsites are also forums (bbPress). I wish to achieve that before user participate to forum on subsite, that first he must Join to subsite – that he become member of subsite.
    I wish to set up your Join Blog Widget but don´t go. I downloaded it from your site and Network activate it but when I wish to add your widget on widget area, I get, in red rectangle, following message:
    The “bpdevjoinblogwidget” block was affected by errors and may not function properly.Check the developer tools for more details.

What can be wrong?

Kind regards
    Uros

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #43526

Hello Uros,

Welcome to the BuddyDev Forums and Sorry for the inconvenience. I will check it on my local development server and get back you in 24 hours.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Uros on #43541

Hi Ravi,

Thank you for response. Ok, I will wait, no problem.

Can you then add answer also for additional following questions?
    1.) When User on subsite click “Join to Blog” button and became member of subsite – get he, on Profile page, some list of subsites where he is joined to? So that on User Profile page will be tab, for example, “My sites” ?

2.) If on subsite is also bbPress.. There was problem if on subsite is also bbPress forum and you wish to have “Join to subsite”, because when you visit subsite with forum, bbPress automatically add User as Participant (I think that is ike that).
    I think that I saw somewhere on this forum this thread and I think that your guys are doing something on this problem.. but I can´t find this thread anymore.. is this problem solved on your plugin? So, if you have “Join to Blog” plugin on subsite where is also bbPress, that User is not added as member of site automatically when he just visit site?

Kind regards
    Uros

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #43550

Hello Uros,

It was a bug introduced after WordPress’s new widget screen. I have fixed this in the newer version of the plugin. Please upgrade and give it a try.

For redirect: widget gives a setting for redirect feature you can use this setting to redirect the user.
    For bbPress: This plugin does not deal with bbPress. So I can not help you much with this.

Bug Report Reference: https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/33443

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Uros on #43579

Hi,
    I install new version at works 🙂 thanks for fixing bug.

About redirecting: I didn´t mean this. Redirect is just give some URL when User is joined site. With my question I mean if plugin give possibility, that User can have on Profile page all sites where he is joined in
    If he is joined on:
    domain.com/site1
    domain.com/site2
    That User have, when he is on main site domain.com , under Profile page some list of subsites where he is joined in. The point is, if you have a lot of subsites, that user maybe forgot where all he is joined in.
    But I think, as I see, currently plugin don´t support this. Maybe you can add this? I think this is great and very useful feature.

About bbPress: Thank you for the information.

Leave Blog (additional question): Maybe here just question, if is possible that User can leave the Blog, so that he is not member of subsite any more? Maybe this also is good feature.

Kind regards
    Uros

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #43602

Hello Uros,

Thank you for the acknowledgment. I am glad that I could help.

it is a simple plugin. But we do not aim to provide anything other than joining at the moment. You may hire a developer if you need further customizations.

Regards
    Ravi

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Ravi.
  • Participant
    Uros on #43614

Hi,

Thank you for the explanation, it helps. Now is clear.
    Maybe, if I need it, I will hire a developer.

Kind regards
    Uros

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #43625

Hello Uros,

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards
    Ravi

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Join Blog Widget can´t be setted’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved