BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Lightbox in groups

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Cecile on #20900

Hello,

I am using Mediapress on a WP website with BP installed (all updated to latest version), in a folder on my server http://www.website/directory/index.php

In groups discussions, users can upload photos and docs to be displayed in the lightbox with mediapress.
    I have an issue with PDF in lightboxes, cause they will not load first time you open the lightbox. The document may appear on the second or third time you click on it, but never on he first time, even if PDF is very light (22Ko..)

I desactivated all plugins but neessary ones (Buddypress, Unyson, Mediapress), but the issue subsides
    So, is there a way I an check what’s happening (no message at all in chrome console) and fix it ?
    thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20906

Hi Cecile,
    Welcome to BuddyDev and thank you for using MediaPress.

1. Is this website online? or is it being locally developed currently?

2. If it is online, May I check the page in question(No username/password required).

If I can check, I will be able to assist better.

Thank you.
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Cecile on #20911
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20913
  • Participant
    Cecile on #20917

Thank you for checking Brajesh. Well, I don’t understand a thing since I have the problem, and I am not the only one (users complain too…)

Right I do not have the problem either, they do open on first click and display quite fast.

Well this is just crazy..Anyother way you know to upload and display photo in groups ? As to PDF, a link will do..

Thanks anyway

• Participant
    Cecile on #20918
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20920
  • Participant
    Cecile on #20947

Hello Brajesh and thanks so much for your help.

This morning, I can display PDF in lightbox nicely, all loads in a few seconds ! So well I am just crossing fingers this will last.

Anyway, I think this would be a nice improvment to give choice as to what can be opened in a lightbox, and what cannot.
    Especially for docs, if we could choose the icon could lead directly to the doc (with or without google viewer) that would come handy. I am not a developper, so I do not realize the load of work…

Last thing, are you open to custom work ? If I cannot tackle the incompatibilities with my theme, I’d rather trust you with this work then the theme dev who does not seem to know much about buddypress…

Whatever the case, THANKS. You are a great person !

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20951

Hi Cecile,
    Thank you.

I am glad it is working for now.

We do have the option to link directly to files, the current issue is related to clicking on gallery cover. You may disable google viewer from MediaPress->settings->Themes page(there is a checkbox for the same).

At the moment, we don’t have a way to differentiate which type of gallery cover click will open lightbox. I am adding it in our future updates plan.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved