- evil lizard on April 23, 2022 at 10:34 am #44545
Something i could add to functions.php to limit how many people a user can follow.
- evil lizard on April 23, 2022 at 10:34 am #44546This reply has been marked as private.
- Brajesh Singh on April 25, 2022 at 5:53 am #44559
Thank you for the question.
Please try using BuddyPress Friendship Restrictions plugin.
- evil lizard on April 25, 2022 at 9:23 am #44572
I meant “FOLLOWING” , not friendship
The suggested plugin does not limit following
I raised similar request at https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/limit-following-ability/
- evil lizard on April 25, 2022 at 4:13 pm #44580
Hello bro @tosin
I wonder why something that generic doesn’t exist yet
But I trust brajesh would look into it nonetheless
- Brajesh Singh on April 25, 2022 at 4:52 pm #44581
I am sorry, I missed that.
Since there is currently no official Follow plugin for BuddyPress, we don’t have this feature. Let us hope that it changes soon in near future.
- evil lizard on April 25, 2022 at 6:08 pm #44592
@sbrajesh, before then. is there a php snippet or method you could help with, that could be used to limit the number of persons a user can follow?
The plugin in question is this one :
…it’s a bit urgent , i’ld appreciate your help
- Brajesh Singh on April 25, 2022 at 9:09 pm #44607
I am sorry, that plugin has not been updated for last 6 years and we won’t be able to invest time in it.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.