I’m using your Limit Groups per User plugin to restrict group creation to users who have a (custom) role of “Authorised User”.
This all works very well except that when visiting the groups page, the “Create a group” link is hidden to (standard) “Subscribers”. Of course, I understand the logic here as since they don’t have the permissions to create a group, why would they need to see the link however… ideally what I would like to happen is for the link to appear but when clicked (by a Subscriber) it would re-direct them to a page telling them how to “get authorised”.
Interestingly it seems as if there is already an option in the plugin to redirect to another page however it’s not clear how a user is ever going to reach that page if they can’t see the “Create a group” link…
Long story short, any way of displaying the “Create a group link” for ALL, regardless of whether they actually have permission to create a group? 😉
With many thanks in advance
- Brajesh Singh on July 23, 2022 at 9:29 am #45787
Thank you for using the plugin.
1. The plugin filters group creation permission and there is no way to differentiate if the checks were made for showing button or before submission.
Your solution will be hardcode the Create group button in the buddypress/groups/index.php of your theme to always show it.
2. The users can access your create group step manually. If someone did, the redirect is used to send them at a different place if they have reached the limits.
Hope that helps
- Brajesh Singh on July 23, 2022 at 1:46 pm #45793
You are welcome.
Have a great day!
- Poindexter on July 24, 2022 at 6:39 am #45795
Can the settings regarding roles work with a membership plugin like MemberPress?
Bronze: Group Cration Limit; 2 Groups
Silver: Group Cration Limit; 5 Groups
Gold: Group Cration Limit; 15 Groups
- This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by Poindexter.
- Brajesh Singh on July 24, 2022 at 8:03 pm #45807
Welcome to BuddyDev support forums.
If they are WordPress roles, I don’t see any issue.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.