BuddyDev

Search

Limit private messages for PaidMembership Users

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    velli on #16470

Hi
    i want to limit the PM for some PaidMembership roles, e.g. package XY is limited for 20 PM each month. Is that possible?

WP 4.9.7 / BP 3.1.0 / PaidMembership Pro 1.9.5.3 / Theme Kleo 4.3.10

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16488

Hi Velli,
    We don’t offer any solution for the above combination.

We do have a message rate limiter(It will not work with Nouveau template).
    https://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-private-message-rate-limiter/

You may want to customize it or hire someone to do it for you.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Daria Wilczynska on #24410

Hi Brajesh, I am also looking to buy this plugin however I also want to apply it to only one PMPro membership level. As this post is from 2018 I want to check if you can do it now – custom development? Or should I speak to the devs at PMPro?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24415

Hi Daria,
    Thank you for the question.

The plugin is now compatible with BP Nouveau and with a bit of code will work for PMPro levels.

We can help with that.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Daria Wilczynska on #24452

Brajesh, I was going to make a purchase but I just had a closer look at your plugin and not sure from the info whether it does exactly what I need.

I’m hoping to limit the amount of messages sent by the free membership level, not just first message but all message – let’s say 3 messages a week total – to the same or different person. I only see you have limit per minute and first message.

Is that possible to apply the limit weekly and for all messages? Or is that custom work? I am interested but I just want to know it’s doable.

Daria

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24455

Hi Daria,

I am sorry, The plugin restricts all messages. It is not just the first message. It seems our use of the term “New Message” caused confusion.

The new message is for any new message received after activation of the plugin. You can also control if you want to count threads or thread and replies both.

To limit weekly, you need to set the limit to 7*24*60=10080
    It is in number of minutes and you can set any value.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Daria Wilczynska on #24478

Hi Brajesh, I purchased the plugin this morning and just tested it on my staging site – it seems to work so far.
    Could you please respond to my email I sent and and let me know if you can just give me the code to put into php code to apply to one membership level or if you have to do it yourself as customization. Thanks.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24480

Hi Daria,
    Thank you for the purchase. I will be mailing you today.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved