BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Link broken, how to reconnect members directory?

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #21905

Hi Brajesh, after change of host and file and database migration, my members directory is no longer connected.
    I deleted the members page, created a new and selected this new page in Buddypress Pages.

But I receive a ‘page does not exist’. I expected the new members page to be connected when chosen in the BP dashboard?. what can I do to reconnect the members directory?

In User Profile Tabs Creator Pro the slug used to be ‘members’ but after I created and named the new members page ‘medlemmer’ I’m in doubt if I should rename the slug ‘medlemmer’ or keep it as ‘members’? maybe BP names the permalink ‘members’, no matter what name I have given the page?

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21909

Hi Carsten,
    It seems to me your page for directory is not associated correctly.

1. Please visit Dashboard->Pages and create one.
    2. Please visit Dashboard->Settings->BuddyPress->Pages and select that page and save.
    Now, please visit it and see if it works or not?
    Please make sure to clear your caches after this.

PS:- I am sorry but I do not understand how did you use the “members” directory with profile tabs pro? The plugin does not need members directory slug.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #21923

Hi Brajesh, thanks for your help. Your suggestions are exactly what I did:

https://imgur.com/IWpRYh4

https://imgur.com/LjE1JJm

The members directory does not appear without a created tab:

https://imgur.com/LjE1JJm

Regards
    Carsten

• Participant
    calu on #21924

The members newer show:

https://imgur.com/SET9pEG

• Participant
    calu on #21927

Hi there, on other devices the members directory show, so it is probably a cache issue.
    But now the individual members profile pages are blank. Probably also a cache issue, I hope they will return.

The members page is not listed in the member navigation, and members directory therefore not among the profile tabs.
    The members page is part of the primary menu, how do I add this to this list?

https://imgur.com/MnzNf9q

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21930

Hi Carsten,
    Thank you for the screenshots. I see that members directory is working but the members list is not showing in the directory.

1. I am not sure about the directory not listing users. If it is listing on some devices and not others, It is a cache issue, otherwise while migrating, you might have lost last activity time for users. That seems the other plausible reason.

2. To Add Members directory to user’s profile nav, Please create a new tab using BuddyPress User Profile Tabs Creator Pro plugin and setup a direct link to this page.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #21935

Hi Brajesh, a clarification to what you wrote:

1. ‘I do not understand how did you use the “members” directory with profile tabs pro? The plugin does not need members directory slug.’

2. ‘To Add Members directory to user’s profile nav, Please create a new tab using BuddyPress User Profile Tabs Creator Pro plugin and setup a direct link to this page.’

As I read this, first you’re saying that Members directory does not depend on profile tabs pro, but will show anyway?
    second I read that I have to create a new tab with User Profile Tabs Creator Pro?

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21936

Hi Carsten.
    Thank you.

A. Yes, Members directory is a feature of BuddyPress and has no dependency on any plugin.
    B. You only need to create a tab if you want the User profile links to have a new tab which links to your members directory.

Hope that clarifies.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #21953

Hi Brajesh, yes it does, then we agree, that was the way I thought it would work.

Regards
    Carsten

• Participant
    calu on #21954

About members directory.
    The directory is showing now, but when you enter a users profile, the profile is blank except from the profile name which is displayed.

I created a new user profile to see if it has something to do with lost time stamp or something else missing from the migration, but with same result.

I can’t rule out a plugin conflict, which must be the next step to investigate, but I did not add any new plugins after the migration.

If you have any suggestions for a possible solution of the issue, it would be much appreciated, thanks!

Regards
    Carsten

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Link broken, how to reconnect members directory?’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved