So, I purchased a plugin for Virtual Composer that lets you put a list of the groups that you’re a member of in a sidebar. His plugin breaks my theme though. I’m trying to get a list of the groups that a member is joined in to show up on the home page, in a side bar so that it is similar to Facebook and a lot quicker to access your groups.
Perhaps there is an existing widget here
If that does not suits you, can you please let me know what improvements can we provide if we have to create new widget?
Ok, I tried it out. It worked with the theme just fine, but there was not enough control. I think an ideal plugin like this would include these options:
1) Be able to list the groups that a logged in user is in.
2) Be able to list the groups that a logged in person owns.
3) Be able to limit the number of groups that show.
4) Be able to choose the default order that the list shows the groups.
a. Most recent activity
b. Most popular
c. Alphabetical order
5) Make all the elements have their own class, so that they can be customized easily with css.
My main problem with the plugin that I just tried was that I couldn’t limit the number of groups that show on the front page. If they are in 100 groups, but only 10 of those groups are active then I don’t think the user would want to see 100 groups down the side of the homepage, and it isn’t pretty to look at for the case of my homepage 😛
Here is the plugin release post
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.