BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Logged-in user badge displays instead of users' own badges in Friends & Visitors

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    cléa Rozenblum on #29700

Hi Brajesh !

I thought I had identified all the bugs in User badges plugin but just two other one after live launch.

PART 1
    In the following email, I will send you three screen pics :
    – member directory where you can see user badges being properly attributed to each user
    – Friends tab which shows that my badge displays on each user’s card instead of user’s own badge
    – Visitor tab (excellent plugin BTW !) which shows that my badge displays on each user’s card instead of user’s own badge

To help you visualize the issue :
    User named Coco can be found on the three screens.
    Users named Atellyia and Valerie can be found on both Member Directory and Friends tab.

The ideal behavior would be to have badges properly attributed to each user, of course.
    IF you could also throw in a CSS code to remove the badges from being displayed on the Visitors Tab, that would be the best as the UI isn’t great with the badges. But that would be extra 🙂

PART 2

In the following email you will find three screen pics :
    – A member’s profile page that displays two badges. However, it is only supposed to display one badge
    – the back end that shows the user’s data and especially, that the user’s member type is “Coparent engage”
    – the back end of the Badges plugin that shows that I use member types to attribute badges automatically.

Here is the situation :
    When a user creates a profile, he gets the “contributer” role and “en moderation” member type. A badge is given to the user to show that the user is “en moderation” (i.e : being moderated)
    Admin then takes the user out of the moderation by changing the user’s member type to “coparent curieux”. –> The badge changes to the one attributed to “coparent curieux” type. This is expected behavior.

Users can also purchase a membership to become “coparent expert” and thus gain more functionnalities.
    When a user purchases the membership (I use pmpro), the user gets a “subscriber” role and a “coparent engage” member type. It should switch the badge to the one attributed to this member type on the Badges plugin BUT it actually added the badge next to the user’s previous badge.

I don’t really know how users can have two member types on Buddypress so I couldn’t manually fix this issue as I would do when users get two roles.

Let me know if you need further clarification for this last issue.

Kind regards,

Clea

• Participant
    cléa Rozenblum on #29701
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29705

Hi Clea,
    I apologise for the inconvenience.

Please upgrade to 1.0.5, It will fix the Part 1(listing for friends/ followers etc)

Part 2 is related to the member type control by your membership plugin. It seems they are not resetting to new member type but appending that.

Our badges for member types are calculated dynamically and it only represents current state of the user.

If 2 badges is showing, It means the user has 2 member types.

Which membership plugin you are using? Do they have an option to change member type instead of appending? Please check it with them.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    cléa Rozenblum on #29732
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29736
  • Participant
    cléa Rozenblum on #29764

Hi Brajesh,

No problem ! Looking forward to your next release.

Kind regards,

Clea

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29825

Hi Clea,
    I have updated the plugin. It will remove the inappropriate space.

For members list, Please do note that if you use BuddyBoss theme, It does not show the meta(only shows member type) if the member type is enabled and the option to show it on profile is ticked. So, we are unable to show badges in that case.

If you can report it to BuddyBoss team, we can show it on directory on future too(even when the member type display on profile is enabled).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    cléa Rozenblum on #29867

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for the fix !
    It looks great !

Kind regards,

Clea

• Participant
    cléa Rozenblum on #29868

as an FYI, I am using the following code to remove the badges just on the visitors’ tab :

#members-list.item-list.visitors-list.bp-list.item-list .bp-user-badges-badge-list img {
           display : none ;
    }

Kind regards,

Clea

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29878

Hi Clea,
    Thank you. I appreciate sharing the css for Visitors.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Logged-in user badge displays instead of users' own badges in Friends & Visitors’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved