BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Lost members

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Gisela Zechner on #51320

Hi BuddyDev-Team,

I have tested the privacy profile – profile visibility manager – I made a user invisibel and viewable only for himself – now it’s nowhere. I thought it would remain visible for the user himself or the Admin – but no chance – the user reamins invisible for all.
    I think it might be, that a member will not be seen by the others, but he would like to see his own profile.

Is the disapperance normal?

Best wishes

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #51327

Hello Gisela,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please let me know how you have created an invisible user i.e. If you have created and new user from the dashboard then there might be chances that the user has empty last active details to fix this at least try after logging in once with the user account. If this is not the case please share your setting so that I can help.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Gisela Zechner on #51336

Hi Ravi,
    Thanks -, due to your information I got an idea and I could solve the problem for me.

It was a new user and he created his account with WooCommerce a month ago. On my WebSite all members have to create their account with WooCommerce because it is combined with an affiliate program and membership program.

The way I caused the error:
    I was logged in as Admin – I opened the profile of the user > settings > profile privacy and had set all topics on “no” respectively “only me”. And he disappeared.
    When I logged in with the user account – I didn’t find the profile in buddypress either. So I had no chance to change the setting.

The solution:
    As Admin I got access to the user via Dashboard > Users > Extended Profile > View Profile
    And additionally logged in as the user I could open it via the WooCommerce-account link. I had activated the Buddycommerce plugin.

Best wishes

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #51339

Hello Gisela,

Thank you for the acknowledgement. I am glad that you have got the solution.

Regards
    Ravi

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Lost members’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved