BuddyDev

Search

Make "My Friend's Activity" as default

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Dandy Jefferson on #8649

Hi,

Thanks for all helps before and you are so kind to help me figure out all these issues.

Currently, I met an issue that I want to make “My Friend’s Activity” sub tabs as default tab when I open “Activity” tab. Actually I swapped over “Personal” and “My Friend’s Activity” in the /buddypress/activity/index.php. Somehow, when I click “Activity” tab, by default, it will still display “Personal”.

I’m wondering is there any way to change default sub tab from “Personal” to “My Friend’s Activity” because it will make more sense.

Thank you very much.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #8659

Hi Dandy,
    I posted a tutorial a few days ago for the same and have given exact same example there.

Please check out here

https://buddydev.com/buddypress-tutorials/set-default-landing-tab-buddypress-activity-directory/

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Dandy Jefferson on #8678
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #8682

Hi Dandy,
    Thank you.
    I see that the cookies are not being set to make the “personal” as the default tab.

I am not sure if I can be able to help much from here, you will need to troubleshoot why the cookie is not being set(Also, you will need to keep clearing cookies for each test, otherwise It won’t be visible).

BuddyPress uses cookie to determine the default tab on directory. Please try debuggin that.

• Participant
    Dandy Jefferson on #8741

Hi, Brajesh

Thanks, I understand. I will try to debug and find out the reason of the cookie not being set first, then do the job.

Thank you very much.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved