BuddyDev

Search

Making fields not editable in BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Field Types

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #15810

Hi there; I have a request for an option, for making fields not editable after registering.
    E.g in the Birthday selector, you do not want members to be able to change their age, already stated when they register.
    So after registering, this option should not be possible for members to change. The same goes for e.g. profile name, gender and so on.

So an “not editable after registering” option to all field types would be much appreciated, thanks.

Regards
    Carsten

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    studioleland on #15812

I would also love this feature. I currently use the “BuddyPress Non Editable Profile Fields” plugin but I do not want the user to be able to edit the non-edit fields at all after registration. Right now it allows users to edit once.

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    studioleland on #15816

Correction. Right now it is not restricting the field editing at all with latest BP templates installed.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15817

Thank you Carsten.
    We do have a plugin called BP Non Editable Profile fields for the same and we can merge it.

Hi Leland,
    Most probably you are using a theme that modifies the profile fields.

We restrict on two screens. Register and profile/edit page if the editing happens anywhere else, It won’t work.

Also, Please allow me a few days to weight in on the positives of merging. It will be better for us too as there will be less plugins to manage.

PS:- The reason is BuddyPress does not have a way to differentiate between the editable profile fields fetching from displayable profile fields fetching. So, we have been restricting based on screens.

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Deanna Murry on #37202

Is there any update to this? I have the noneditable but it still allows one edit. Is there away to prevent all edits? I have wp automatic assigning profile type at registration, I don’t want users to be able to change their profile type at all.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #37230

Hi Deanna,
    Thank you for the reply.

The Non Editable Profile field should work fine for you. You should either not create a profile field for the profile type or mark that non editable.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved