BuddyDev

Search

Map WordPress user role as BP user type

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    AZ on #3061

Hi,

There is a way to map WP user role as BP user type? it will be useful to have different registration form by WP user role and not only by BP user type.

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3069

Hi AZ,
    Thank you for posting.

The problem with Allowing WordPress user roles is which roles should be available for registration.

Mapping is doable but it is not going to help much instead allowing roles directly will be a better option. Do you want a role field for BuddyPress? and how should it behave?

• Participant
    AZ on #3073

Hi

thank you for your reply,

I have different user roles (based on WP user role) in my site, and each has a specific profile fields. I’m thinking how I can choose the availability of the profile field based on user role.

I did not find any free or premium plugin allowing to assign a specific profile filed to a specific user role.

Many thanks

• Participant
    AZ on #3081

Hi,

Do you think it could be possible to develop a plugin to restrict BP profile field to WP users role?

thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3083

Hi AZ,
    Will it suffice if we create a Role type filed that allows you to select the roles you want to be available on the registration page.

And you can use this field in combination with our Conditional profile fields plugin to restrict profile fields per role?

• Participant
    AZ on #3086

Hi,

Lot of thanks for your reply and for your advice.

I’m using this plugin to create registration form by user role

https://wedevs.com/products/plugins/wp-user-frontend-pro/

and this Add-ons to integrate the field of the registration forms to BuddyPress

https://wedevs.com/products/plugins/wp-user-frontend-pro/buddypress-profile-integration/

For this reason, I want to find/customise a plugin allowing to restrict BP profile field to WP users role.

Please any idea how can I acheive that?

It is a braistorm things.

Greetings

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3096

Hi AZ,
    I am sorry but we won’t be able to help much with the user front end pro plugin. If you plan to use BuddyPress default registration page in future, @ravi1987 is working on the plugin and you can use it.

For now, I will advise Creating different Xprofile Field Groups per role. That way, you can keep a tab on what roles has what field and that will be easy.

• Participant
    AZ on #3122

Hi,
    Many thanks for all

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved