BuddyDev

Search

Media Upload to a Group from User Activity Stream

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Leo on #2960

Hi Brajesh,

As I see, when a user uploads an image to a group from user activity stream, the image goes to the user’s wall photo gallery and the activity looks like this
    “user uploaded 1 new photo 10 minutes ago” and there’s nothing about the group it was uploaded to, though, if you go to the group, the photo upload activity is there.

I thought that would be great, if the photos uploaded to a group, went to the group’s wall photo gallery instead of the user’s and the activity looked like this “user uploaded 1 new image to the 1st group 10 minutes ago”. is that posible?

Thanks,
    Leo

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2961

Hi Leo,
    Thank you for posting.
    I am looking at it now and will update accordingly.

• Participant
    Leo on #3026

Hi Brajesh,

Have you had the chance to look at it?

Thanks,
    Leo

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3027

Hi Leo,
    I am sorry for the delayed reply.
    I understand the issue. It is happening when the media is uploaded from sitewide activity stream.

We will need to move the media to group when the activity is published(we can not guess initialy where the media is going, so we keep it in user wall gallery). I am working on a way to write this.

This is one of the reasons why MediaPress 1.0.4 is delayed. I will update you asap I am able to fix it.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Leo on #3040

OK, thank you, Brajesh.

• Participant
    Leo on #3161

Hi Brajesh,

I see it was not included in 1.0.4, are you planing it for any following update soon?

Thank you,
    Leo

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3164

Hi Leo,
    I am sorry about that. I could not add it in our last update. Another update is due early next week and I am planning to add it.

It involves moving media between galleries and on the disk as well. I will be working on it this weekend.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Leo on #3452

Hi Brajesh,

I wanted to check if you have any updates about this issue for moving media to groups album.

Thank you,
    Leo

• Participant
    Leo on #3653

Hi Brajesh,

It seems to be a hard one, are there any updates on this?
    If it is difficult or impossible for now, just let me know and i’ll think of another way to solve this on my website.

Thank you,
    Leo

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3655

Hi Leo,
    It is not impossible one. It is related to physically moving files to make sure the quotas for users/groups reflect correctly. I am a little bit busy with some other important changes, that’s why it is delayed. It will be available in next 2 weeks for sure.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved