BuddyDev

Search

MediaPress 1.0.1 is available now

Tagged: ,

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2620

Hi All,
    We have just released version 1.0.1 of MediaPress. It fixes a few bugs and adds a lot of the features requested in last few weeks.

For more details, please see

https://buddydev.com/mediapress-development/mediapress-1-0-1-is-available-now/

You can download/upgrade from

https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/mediapress

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Carl Hassett on #2628

Hi Brajesh,

I wanted to pass this error along:

When navigating to a gallery on a users profile:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /nas/content/website/username/wp-includes/query.php on line 4533
    class=”bp-user my-account mediapress boston-life buddypress page page-id-0 page-parent page-template-default logged-in admin-bar no-customize-support custom-background group-blog masthead-fixed full-width mpp-page mpp-page-members mpp-page-single-gallery mpp-page-single-gallery-photo mpp-page-single-gallery-loggedin no-js”>

*(This notice repeats, referencing 20+ lines)

Then when clicking “Edit”, on any media in the gallery, everything seems functions correctly except the Admin bar disappears and I receive this error in my inspector:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘parents’ of undefined

mpp.cover_uploader.mpp.Uploader.init @ mpp.js?ver=4.4.2:327
    m.isFunction.e @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2
    Uploader @ uploader.js?ver=4.4.2:280
    (anonymous function) @ mpp.js?ver=4.4.2:246
    j @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2
    k.fireWith @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2
    m.extend.ready @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2
    J @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2

I have some other notes on the latest version, but I wanted to pass this along first, in case it helps. Let me know if you have any question or need any clarification.

Thanks for everything!
    -Carl

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2631

Hi Carl,
    Thank you for posting.

Are you using other plugins on the site? The first error does not seem to be coming from MediaPress. I did test it on my latest WordPress/BuddyPress install.

can you please use the tools menu and post me the debug log?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2632

Btw, Is it happening in some specific browser( the javascript error). I haven’t tested in IE recently.

• Participant
    Carl Hassett on #2644

Hi Brajesh,

Sure thing!

I’ve replicated the issue in Chrome Version 48.0.2564.109 and Safari Version 6.2.8. I’ll send the Debug Tool information via your contact page now (Subject: Carl – MediaPress Debug Tool).

You’ll see there are quite a few plugins running but generally they behave pretty well together. The first “Notice” seems to only appear in MediaPress galleries, so I figured it may be a consequence of the script error, but not the actual problem.

Let me know what else I can do. Thanks Brajesh!

-Carl

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2652

Hi Carl,
    Thank you.
    I have received your debug log. I don’t seem to find any thing there can may be causing the problem.

The php notice will be in all browsers, I was concerned about the javascript. There is one more thing I need to test though.
    Checking it on multisite now and will be getting back to you in an hour.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2654

Hi Carl,
    Is it possible that you can send me a screenshot of the page showing php notice?

My email id is brajesh@buddydev.com. Looking at query.php, It seems that is_page is throwing the notice. MediaPress may be the region behind it but at least till now, MediaPress does not uses any is_page() call, so It is being called by some 3rd party code.

This is the line throwing error in query.php

in_array( $page_obj->post_name, $page )

So, The reason is $page_obj does not exist and some plugin is trying to so something with the is_page check. a look at the error placement, May give me some idea what are they trying to change.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Carl Hassett on #2662

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for your quick replay! I just sent you an email with page screenshots and a little more information I gathered on “is_page”.

Let me know what else I can do to help and feel free to use the email to respond if that’s better.

Thanks again!
    Carl

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2666

Hi Carl,
    Appreciate your prompt responses. I had received your messages and was not able to find a proper reason. I will be looking at it more today and will get back to you.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved