BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] MediaPress activity feed not working

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Richard Foley on #13095

hi Brajesh,

I’ve removed all wp_usermeta where meta_key = '_mpp_wall_photo_gallery_id'. This fixed the issue from the ticket where the gallery was not selected: https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/gallery-is-not-selected-message-on-activity-upload/

Because there was no (invalid) gallery found, MediaPress did the right thing, and created a new one, correctly. This solution made it so that everyone can upload again, from the activity feed directly. You can see the uploaded images in their new (automatically created) galleries via their profile. This is good.

However, there is no activity registered, anywhere. Nobody knows that anyone has uploaded anything. This is bad.

I don’t think we can be very far away from a functional system, but… this is a real problem for my allegedly social site. Many thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions here.

Cheers

R

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #13097

hi Brajesh,

when a media is uploaded, there is no more activity registered at all, very keen to hear from you on this one…

R

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #13100

Aha, ich habe es.

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #13101

hi Brajesh,

I had to override a function:

function rfi_mpp_action_record_new_media_activity( $media_id ) {

<snip>
        // if media is upload from activity, do not publish it again to activity.
        if ( $media->context == 'activity' ) {
                // return; and comment out this return statement
        }
        <snip>
    }

This now posts to the activity feed as expected. Very strange though, I’m not convinced this is the 100% correct fix as there must be a reason why this happened in the first place. So it still needs investigation. For the moment though, at least my users can post again 🙂

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #13116

Hi Richard,
    Are you looking for it for the uploads from Gallery->Upload screen or from the activity upload screen.

If it is for activity upload screen, My question will be what happens when you post the activity with attached media?

If it is for Gallery upload screen, Please visit Dashboard->settings->BuddyPress and you can enable automatic posting to activity there.

Best Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved