BuddyDev

Search

Mediapress Activity notifications

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Andreas Meyhöfer on #11557

Hey Folks,

I want to use Mediapress Activity notifications from Brajesh for comments on media, galleries and likes as it provides exactly the right features.
    However, I don’t get any notifications except the double notification of replies to updates as mentioned in:

https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/double-notification-on-nested-comments-buddypress-activity-comment-notifier/

I’m using the most recent versions of WordPress, Buddypress, Mediapress and BBPress.

Are there any known conflicts with other plugins?

I also want to use the plugin “Activity Reactions For Buddypress” , but I disabled it for testing purposes. However, even with the normal Buddypress like-functionality it does not work.

Greetings

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #11579

Hi Andreas,
    We will need a week to revive the Comment Notifier plugin(We had it abandoned after BuddyPress 2.5 ).

It will work for the BuddyPress like/favorite and the comments as it did earlier.

Thank you for the patience.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Andreas Meyhöfer on #11754

Hi Brajesh,

Any news on the Comment Notifier plugin?

Greetings

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #11775

Hi Andreas,
    I am sorry for the delayed reply. We will have a fix this week.

regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Andreas Meyhöfer on #11987

So, any news on the Update Brajesh?
    Sorry for bothering you again, but its quite important for me.

On a side note, is it possible to put the username into the auto generated galleries of the activity stream?
    It’s a little bit confusing to have multiple galleries called “Wall Photo Gallery” on the sitewide gallery.
    I could alter your code directly in the plugin, but I try to avoid that as much as possible (because of plugin updates) and I’m not proficient in the add_filter function of buddypress.

Greetings
    Andreas

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #11995

Hi Andreas,
    I will be pushing it. We have a lined up release of MediaPress and that’s why it has been deleayed.

There are a few small issues that needs to be fixed in MediaPress, I have been hoping to release it for last 2 days but still need some more time. I am hoping that I should be able to do it today. Asap I am done with it, The comment Notifier will be available within 2 hours.

For wall Photo Gallery- Do you suggest using user’s name before the gallery name on the directory page? or do you have a better suggestion. We do need to create a wall gallery for each user when they upload.
    Since the creation is automatic, we named it Wall Gallery.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Andreas Meyhöfer on #11998

Hi Brajesh,
    That are awesome news, I’m looking forward to the update.

Yes, I suggest just using the display_name meta of the user for the auto generated galleries, e.g. “Joes Wall Gallery” or even simpler “Wall Gallery of Joe” (to avoid the pesky “s”).
    That would be sufficient to differentiate between the shown sitewide galleries.

Regards
    Andreas

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #12077

Hi Andreas,
    For the comment notification part, please upgrade to 1.2.0 and let me know if that works.

https://buddydev.com/plugins/buddypress-activity-comment-notifier/

Let us discuss a little more about the naming of Wall Gallery and how can we allow flexibility to site admins in another topic if feasible. I am very much interested to have it a proper solution.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved