BuddyDev

Search

MediaPress – Activity Stream Link – Time/Date – Revisited

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    John B on #26614

I’m still having some trouble wrapping my head around the way MediaPress links to Gallery Activity instead of the single post image when clicking on the time/date in the Activity Stream.

When I post a new image to the Activity Stream and hover over the time/date it was created, the link that it shows is http://mysite/user/album/wall-photo-gallery/#activity-xxxx.

When I click on the time/date link it takes me to the photo gallery, and then scrolls down through to a HUGE list of unrelated activity posts?!?!?!?

For example:

User added 1 new photo
    17 hours ago

User added 1 new photo
    23 hours ago

User added 1 new photo
    1 day ago

User added 1 new photo
    2 days ago

User added 1 new photo
    3 days ago

User added 1 new photo
    5 days ago

User added 1 new photo
    6 days ago

User added 1 new photo
    7 days ago

User added 1 new photo
    8 days ago

User added 1 new photo
    9 days ago

User added 1 new photo
    10 days ago

User added 1 new photo
    13 days ago

User added 1 new photo
    14 days ago

User added 1 new photo
    21 days ago

User added 1 new photo
    22 days ago

User added 1 new photo
    23 days ago

User added 1 new photo
    24 days ago

It goes on and on..

I don’t see how this benefits the visitors of the site. To me it looks bad and doesn’t serve a real purpose. With other media plugins when you click on the time/date it takes you to the single post image. That makes more sense to me as the visitor is clicking the time/date of the image they’d like to see to view the comments that other people have made without having to cipher through a full page of unrelated and confusing information. Why would a visitor care to look at pages and pages of this?

Again is there a way to update MediaPress so that when a visitor clicks the time/date on the Activity Stream it takes them directly to the single post page for the image, video, document or audio file?

If I’m unable to adjust this I’ll have to switch back to RTMedia. This is a deal killer for me.

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26630

Hi John,
    I do agree with you on this. our commenting/activity for media need s rethinking and we will have it re-imagined in the new year. It is one of the most confusing(and badly panned i guess) part of MediaPress and I plan to resolve it early next year y rewriting the whole commenting system.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    John B on #26669

Thank you for replying.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved