BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Mediapress allowable file types not recognized on subsite

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    xbladerunner on #32101

Mediapress appears to be working fine on the main site of our multisite network, but doesn’t recognize the allowable file types on subsites. For instance, when a user tries to upload an allowable file, they get an error message that “This file type is not allowed. Allowed file types are:” but doesn’t list any file types. The allowable file types also aren’t listed in the upload box (where you are suppose to be able to drag-and-drop or select file) — allowable file types are listed there on the main site, but not on subsites. So the problem seems to be that subsites aren’t getting the list of allowable file types, even though, on the back end, both on the main site and on each subsite, it is configured to allow the full range of types are listed by default when the plugin is installed. I’ve extensively tested to verify it is not a plugin conflict on my network. Can you help me sort this out?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #32104

Hi Stefan,
    Thank you for using MediaPress.

MediaPress configurations & Uploads are site specific. Do you have multiple install of MediaPress? It should not be network activated.

If you are using separate instances of MediaPress on the 2 sites, Please configure the settings on that specific site.

Please note, MediaPress does not support network activation or global settings.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    xbladerunner on #32386

…So mediapress is not compatible with buddypress — except when buddypress is on a single site, as oppose to network activated, e.g., mediapress doesn’t work on networks. That seems like a pretty big deal worth mentioning before folks buy the addons…

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #32392

Hi Stefan,
    I am sorry, you are misinterpreting it.

1. MediaPress is fully compatible with BuddyPress & WordPress. It is not Compatible if you are using BuddyPress Multiblog mode on a multisite.

For non multiblog mode,the profile and galleries are on the main site of your network and MediaPress works there.

We have it specified at multiple places multiple times. This is normal for a plugin using post types. Is WooCommerce network compatible? You can not share products from one site to another on a network. Same applies to MediaPress.

As of your purchase:- We have a flexible refund policy and we are happy to issue refund.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    xbladerunner on #32520

Thank you, Brajesh —
    Sorry for being so grumpy about it. I manage several multisite networks, and one is configured in such a way that mediapress works, but one is not. I was frustrated that buddypress otherwise works fine in both configurations, but not this plugin (a really wonderful plugin that I wish I could get to work on both networks). Can’t change the network configuration because it was selected specifically for the functionality that it affords. Anyway, sorry again for the grumpiness about it. If you ever need a beta tester for expanding the use of mediapress to multisite configurations, let me know!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #32528

Hi Stefan,
    Thank you for the reply.
    No worries.

at the moment, we are using WordPress’s media functionality(attachment post type) and each site has its own media library which is separate from others.
    That makes it different to provide a global network wide implementation.

I am certainly going to explore it in future.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved