BuddyDev

Search

MediaPress and WP Job Manager Upload Conflict

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    With BenefitZ on #2112

Hello Brajesh,

I am using the MediaPress and WP Job Manager plugin on my site and i recently noticed i couldn’t upload on the Job Manager page anymore. When i disable mediapress, the upload works fine. Using inspect element on chrome, the upload shows an error message “str.split is not a function” on mpp.js.
    I am using the latest version of mediapress on github.

Any ideas?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2117

Hi Israel,
    Welcome back.

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please point me to the exact erro you see in the console(It should give some line number with that). There may be a conflict and I will try to fix it on our end quickly if possible.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    With BenefitZ on #2120

Thanks Brajesh,

The error on the browser points to line 23 which has:
    var data_fields=str.split(‘&’);for(var i=0;i<data_fields.length;i++){items=data_fields[i].split(‘=’);if(items[0]==item){return items[1];}}

The full error messgae is: Uncaught TypeError: str.split is not a function | mpp.js:23

Regards

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2128

Hi Israel,
    I am not sure if it is caused by MediaPress. Split is a a javascript core function available on strings.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/String/split

Unless there are other errors, It should navere give the above error.

Also, It is on line 482 in current version, can you please upgrade and check if it fixes anything. We have fixed a Media related issue(reloading of model js) and most probably that should be the primary issue here.

Please try upgrading( beta 1 is just for name, we haven’t changed it, but there have been many updates).

If that does not fixes, I will like to take a look at the site and will need the login details to identify the actual problem.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    With BenefitZ on #2143

Hello Brajesh,

I have upgraded with the recent version from your github repository but the issue is still there.
    I traced it to mediapress because that’s the only plugin that shows in the browser’s inspector and when i disable it, the upload works.

Kindly let me know where to send the login details so you can check it.

Thanks and Regards,

Israel

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2144

Hi Israel,
    Thank you for the effort to debug.

Please PM Me here or mail me at brajesh@buddydev.com

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    With BenefitZ on #2147

Hello Brajesh,

I have sent the details to your email.

Thanks and Regards,

Israel

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved