BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Mediapress breaking site

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Michele on #7002

Hi,
    I just installed mediapress as I would like to use mediapress as apposed to Rtmedia. I am running the Sweetdate theme on my site.

When I was running Rtmedia, buddypress and the users profile/wall all loaded fine. I deactivated rtmedia, installed mediapress and all of the buddypress profile information disappears except the users profile avatar. The wall is gone all of the buddypress links as well as the profiles fields.

In the WordPress admin screen, there is a warning: “The following active BuddyPress Components do not have associated WordPress Pages: Gallery. Repair”

What is causing mediapress to break buddypress??

• Participant
    Michele on #7003

Also, If I run both rtmedia and mediapress at the same time, Buddypress is back, profile fields are visible. I just have two media plugins running at the same time now but, I can see the mediapress links in buddypress now. I still have the warning in WP-admin screen:”The following active BuddyPress Components do not have associated WordPress Pages: Gallery. Repair”.

Why wont mediapress work alone???

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #7004

Hi Michele,
    I am sorry for the inconvenience. We haven’t tested MediaPress with the sweetdate theme, so I am not in a position to say much before asking a few questions and some recommendations.

1. Please do not use MediaPress and RT Media together. Only one of them should be sufficient to do the job

2. Now, if you activate MediaPress, You may create a pge and associate. It ism not an error , just a notice to allow you setup a Gallery directory page(if you want to)

3. What error do you see? Can you please enable WP_DEBUG and post me a screenshot of the error? I can quickly assist you.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Michele on #7007
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #7008

Hi Michele,
    Thank you.

1. Non of those notices are caused by MediaPress. It is your theme/other plugins. MediaPress is not throwing any notice above

2. It seems your theme has a dependency on the RT Media plugin, you see this line

Fatal error: Class ‘RTMediaFriends’ not found in [redacted path]wp-content/themes/sweetdate/custom_buddypress/class-bp-tabs.php on line 279

It means the theme is using that class but that class is not found. I will suggest reporting it to the theme developer and you can show them my message regarding this. The good practice says, the theme should at least check for the things before throwing error.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Michele on #7009
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #7010
  • Participant
    Michele on #7011
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #7025

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Mediapress breaking site’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved