BuddyDev

Search

Mediapress breaks the cropping function of Buddypress

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Ross on #2508

I’ve tested this with a few different themes and everytime Mediapress is activated the cropping pane for buddypress profile and group avatars disappears. Clicking crop image just bumps you to the top of the page. If I disable mediapress, the upload and cropping function of avatars works fine.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2509

Hi Ross,
    Welcome to BuddyDev forums.
    Which version of MediaPress you are using? There was an issue which was fixed a few months ago in beta state.

If you are using 1.0.0, It will work fine. Please let me know more details.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Ross on #2513

Hey there Brajesh…great plugin that I’d like to get to work. I just downloaded it a few days ago to add galleries, but it broke the cropping on profile photos. It’s the latest and greatest of buddypress and mediapress.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2514

Hi Ross,
    I am sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please check on the profile image upload page if there is any javascript error or point me to the site with a temporary subscriber account and I can check it quickly. That will help to find out the issue and fix it.

• Participant
    Ross on #2519

PM’d login info

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2524

Hi Ross,
    Thank you.
    I checked on the site and I see that the cropper is not appearing at all. I am not seeing any js error as I had suspected.
    Can you please disable MediaPress and point me. I tested it with the current version and everything works perfectly.

There must be something that is causing the conflict, we just need to find out what that is.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2525

Also, If the site is not live can we please switch to twentyfifteen/sixteen and test it for a moment?

• Participant
    Ross on #2530

It looks like a plugin compatibility issue with Google Spreadsheet Inline Viewer and Mediapress. It works fine with Buddypress + Mediapress only and also with Buddypress + Viewer only, but all three it breaks.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2532

Hi Ross,
    Thank you.
    There is a possibility of conflict as MediaPress uses Google Doc Viewer for showing doc files.

Is this the plugin you are using?
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/inline-google-spreadsheet-viewer/

• Participant
    Ross on #2535

yes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved