BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Mediapress Bulk Uploads

• Participant
    Level: Master
    NikB on #30430

Hi there

When members do a bulk upload of photos, these are each listed as separate entries in the activity feed.

Just wondering if there is any way of creating just a single entry ie. either –

1) “X uploaded 6 photos” (with thumbnails of say, the first 3 and a + sign to view more) ie. along the lines of Facebook (and I believe rtMedia does this too)

2) If the above is too complex, just a single entry perhaps triggered when the upload is complete, showing “X uploaded 6 photos to Y Gallery” (with a link to the relevant gallery).

Any suggestions on how to achieve either of the above would be very much appreciated.

With many thanks in advance.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30447

Hi Nik,
    what you are looking for is default behaviour of MediaPress.

you most probably have auto publishing media to activity enabled causing this.

Please visit Dashboard->MediaPress->Settings-> BuddyPress and make sure “Auto Publish media to activity” is not checked.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #30451

Hi Brajesh

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

Is that the setting marked “Automatically Publish to activity When?”

And are you saying that I should keep “New Gallery is created” checked but UNcheck “New Media added/uploaded”?

As far as I can see, that will create an entry which shows “X created a new gallery” but doesn’t show how many images have been uploaded and wouldn’t create an entry at all if the member was adding images to an existing gallery, is that as expected?

With many thanks again.

Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30452

Hi Nik,
    Now your users will get the option to publish media to activity. try visiting that gallery edit page after upload.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #30455

Hi Brajesh

I’m really sorry but I’m not following you.

What should be checked under “Automatically Publish to activity When?”?

What do you mean by the “option to publish media to activity” (ie. is this something the user selects?) and where does it appear?

Also what part of the gallery edit page should I be visiting after upload and what should I be seeing?

With many thanks again and apologies if I’m misunderstanding something obvious 😉

Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30457

Hi Nik,

Please make sure to uncheck “New Media added/uploaded.”

Once you do this and if upload media from gallery screen, we keep a list of unpublished media for activity. When the owner visits manage gallery screen, we show them a notice and ask if they want to publish the memdia to activity.

They can do it from there.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #30467

Hi Brajesh

Aaah… thank you for persisting with me. I’ve tried that again and I now see what you mean!

That is indeed doing exactly what I want but hope you’ll agree it’s not hugely intuitive. Is there any way of making that the default behaviour so that users don’t have to take an extra step to ensure their uploads get published on the activity page?

Regards
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30489

Hi Nik,
    Thank you.

We can certainly improve the UI in future.
    Before investing any time in MediaPress & BuddyPress integration, I am waiting to see BuddyPress Team’s plan about the attachment functionality.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #30494

Hi Brajesh

Thank you again. Just to be clear, currently the only way to get image uploads to appear in the activity feed in that format is for the user to visit the manage gallery screen after the upload is complete?

There wouldn’t be any way of triggering that automatically?

Regards
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30495

Hi Nik,
    The other way to to allow users upload directly from activity screen.

For uploads from single gallery page, we do not keep a track when all uploads ended(It can be tracked as the js event fires after all completion) on php side, so unless we do explicit implementation(Like sending an ajax request after all files uploads successfully to publish), It is not automatically doable currently.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved