BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Mediapress comments and Activity Feed comments

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Richard Foley on #12100

hi Brajesh,

I’m seeing strange behaviour when I post a comment against media:

1. post a comment against an image in the site activity feed. This comment is not displayed when viewing the image from the member activity feed.

2. post a comment in the lightbox with a single image displayed. This comment is not displayed in the site activity feed.

This is very strange. I’m expecting the comment, no matter where it is applied, to be visible wherever the photo is visible.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #12133

Hi Richard,
    Thank you for posting it.
    I can confirm the issue. The comment is being posted as activity comment and from the lightbox as another update. It is not the correct behaviour. Please allow me to put the point release in next 3-4 days with a proper fix for this and a few other enhancements.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #12363

hi Brajesh,

do you have any update on this?

R.

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #12436

hi Brajesh,

I do realize this is probably more complex than expected, but it’s getting quite urgent at this end. Is there a fix in sight for the mis-matching comments on image + feed? Of did I miss the announcement…?

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #12437

Hi Richard,
    I am sorry for the delayed reply.

This needs a look at how we handle the whole commenting system(with/without BuddyPress). When are you launching your site? I will be able to do it before the end of this month but an ETA on your site will help me.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #12450

hi Brajesh,

yes, I understand, I thought it would be more complex than it first seemed. Well, I’m actually launching *now*, in the next few days, so the sooner the better (of course)… I have a few other things I need to fix up at my end in any case, though, so it seems I’ll just have to push it back again.

In the meantime, I wish you power to your coding elbow and look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Cheers

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #12458

Hi Richard,
    Thank you.

I have a few prior commitments till 20th f this month. I am going to squeeze sometime and try to do it this week. My apologies for the delay.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #12615

hi Brajesh,

do you have any good news…?

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #12616

Hi Richard,
    Thank you for the reply. This is on my priority now and I am hoping to release a fix in 1.3.3(Released 1.3.2 today).

I will keep you informed. It will come in next couple of days for sure. The goal for 1.3.3 is Wall privacy(allowing custom default privacy), commenting improvements and a few more enhancements related to wall.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #12618

hi Brajesh,

great, I look forward to it. Keep that coffee, or chai, flowing!

R.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Mediapress comments and Activity Feed comments’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved