BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] MediaPress comments posted in activity without media.

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Richard Foley on #24486

hi Brajesh,

having an issue with your excellent MediaPress plugin and activity comments, hope you can help. The issue is that when someone comments on an image/media, the comment appears in the activity as an update, but there is no media attached. To be clear, the activity feed is full of comments on media, and no media is visible.

I think we touched on this before, here in the link below, and I applied your fix at that time. Since then, I’ve updated BuddyPress and a few other plugins (as you do), but not MediaPress.

https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/mediapress-comments-and-activity-feed-comments-2/

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24491

Hi Richard,
    I am sorry for the inconvenience. This is not the expected behaviour. I will test it today and get back to you.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24521

Hi Richard,
    Thank you for the patience.

I have tested it and I am able to reproduce it. I will need a few more days before I can put some time and fix it. Please allow me till 13th.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #24523

hi Brajesh,

it’s good to hear it’s not my imagination, or something wonky at my end. Thank you for looking into it, and hopefully fixing it soon. Waiting patiently, as you’d expect 😉

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24525

Thank you Richard.

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #24734

hi Brajesh,

do you have any update on this…?

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24744

Hi Richard,
    I have found the issue. We are not saving media id with comment and that is leading to this issue. Please allow me 2 more days to put a solution.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #24785

hi Brajesh,

this is very good news. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24874

Hi Richard,
    Thank you for the patience.

I have pushed a temporary fix on github.
    https://github.com/buddydev/mediapress

It will work if you are using our lightbox for commenting or the comments are made from the single media page. It does not show media for stream comments.

I have started working on a stream commenting solution today. It will take me some time before I can put enough code for it(depending on the workload) but this time, instead of waiting for 2.0, I am going to create a permanent solution for all our activity commenting issue and make it streamlinne instead of the fixes.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #24954

hi Brajesh,

this doesn’t help my members yet, as they do everything from the stream, with the same expectations as in Facebook. Not seeing the images when they’re commented upon is very hard for the site. Very much looking forward to a solid fix.

I know this is never as easy (or as quick) as end-users want and thanks for all your ongoing efforts.

R.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved