BuddyDev

Search

MediaPress db structure

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Simon Parker on #22997

I am missing a few galleries, currently have aroudn 15 out of a few hundred.

the remaining although they show in the admin area as having image sin them if i open the gallery in admin and click onto edit media it says there are no items in the gallery.

i am trying to pick through the posts postmeta attachments wp-uploads/mediapress/members db and folders to try and make head or tails of what goes where.

could you help please. just a basic explanation fo what is meant to go where. so i can try and track what has happened to my galleries and restore some old files if necessary.

thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #23012

Hi Simon,
    Thank you for the question.

In MediaPress, we use
    ‘mpp-gallery’ post type for gallery.
    ‘mpp-type’, ‘mpp-component’ and ‘mpp-status’ taxonomies for type/component/status for each gallery and media.

A media is a WordPress attachment(post type=attachment) that belongs to a gallery and has certain extra data.

For each media and gallery, In addition to type/status/component, we store an extra field

‘_mpp_component_id’. It stores a numeric value which identifies the gallery/media association to an object.
    Depending on gallery/media component, It could be user id or group id.

PS:- In MediaPress 2.0, we are migrating from the current taxonomy to a flat table.

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Brajesh_

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved