BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Mediapress default privacy

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Bjoern on #5000

Hi Brajesh,

When I set the admin default privacy level in the Mediapress settings it doesn’t use that level when a user posts a new item/gallery. It always defaults to public. However when the user sets a default in the gallery edit for example it works then in the future. I am not using the BP Activity Privacy plugin but I am currently running Mediapress on a Boss theme install with their Wall plugin. The Buddyoss Wall plugin comes with four privacy settings. So it looks like that’s why the privacy levels are basically working. Just I can’t set a default.

Would it be possible to include a new “gallery privacy” tab under “Settings”-“Gallery Privacy” (like in rtmedia) that the user can themselves easily set themselves a default for their uploads/galleries? It looks like this should then make it work with my BB Wall privacy levels…

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5013

Hi Bjoern,
    I am sorry for the inconvenience. If that is happening, It will be a bug.

I will be testing and reporting back. currently we don’t have any global settings page for Users in MediaPress. The pages are specific to galleries/media. In future, if we go though a general settings route, I will be more than appy to add it. Adding UI is concern.

• Participant
    Bjoern on #5072

Thanks so much, did you check?
    Yes, global privacy settings would be awesome in the future…

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5073

Hi Bjoern,
    Here is what is happening at the moment

1. All the wall galleries are public by default(created)
    2. All Media uploaded to a gallery takes the privacy of its parent unless manually edited. So, all wall media goes as public.

3. If you create a gallery from profile, the default status selected is what you set in the settings

Now, as far as I understand, your concern is most probably fro the wall media. I might have made a mistake in taking decision but I believe that public wall is what we need. We do need some way to specify the media privacy, so we won’t have to worry about this when uploading from activity.

• Participant
    Bjoern on #5090

Thanks for your reply. Yes, that’s in line of what I experienced. I was just under the wrong impression that the admin default setting would also cover the auto created wall galleries. I guess it depends a little on whether you’re creating more a twitter like community with everything public or a Facebook like community with everything set to friends only.

My wall privacy for the post content just defaults to friends only so that the user is under the wrong impression that when he attaches some media that it also defaults to friends or whatever he chooses in the post selector. There is currently no indication for the user that the attached media has a different privacy. That’s why I want to avoid any complaints and set the default media not to be public but friends only.

How can I change this in the code? It sounds like I just need to flip out a word. Is it in core/ajax/”mpp-ajax.php” line 438? When I change this to friends or friendsonly it doesn’t change the default wall gallery privacy?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5093

Hi Bjoern,
    Thank you for confirming.
    No, It is not in mpp-ajax. If you are on MediaPress 1.0.6 then you can change it here

https://github.com/buddydev/mediapress/blob/master/modules/buddypress/activity/mpp-activity-hooks.php#L158

It will not change for existing, but will do so for the new galleries.

• Participant
    Bjoern on #5096

Thanks so much, Brajesh. That’s awesome. I just tried it and it works perfect.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5102

Hi Bjoern,
    Thank you 🙂

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Mediapress default privacy’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved