BuddyDev

Search

MediaPress does not create Notifications when Commenting

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Daniel on #19873

Hi,

I have figured out that when somebody comments on a photo in Media Press, then the user doesn’t receive a notification.

i.e when somebody rates a photo with one of the five stars, then the user receives a notification, but for comments it doesn’t produce notifications.

Would it be possible to enable notifications also when commenting on a photo?

Thanks and regards,
    Danieö

• Participant
    Daniel on #19875

Hi again,

Also what I have figured out is when somebody does comment on a photo and then another user comments on this comment and he wants to delete his comment, it is not possible to do it. The Delete Button shows up but when clicking on it it has no effect.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Kind regards,
    Daniel

• Participant
    NikB on #19930

Hope you don’t me adding that I’m also having trouble with this and not getting any notifications regardless of whether someone comments on the single media page or in the lightbox.

Will watch this thread with interest and hopefully someone can assist us 😉

• Participant
    NikB on #20410

Sorry to be a pain but just wondering if there’s any update on this yet. I really need to get both Buddypress notifications and email notifications working for Mediapress as soon as possible.

If it’s a bug you’re fixing or feature you’ll be adding imminently, I’ll try and hold fire a little longer but otherwise will probably need to give it some more thought and work things out for myself.

With many thanks in advance.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20414

Hi Nikki,
    This is not implemented yet in MediaPress. We are hoping that with march onwards we can restart the 2nd phase of MediaPress development and will have the notifications and other major functionalities included.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    javi on #35727

Is there any new about that? 2 years and still no notifications for mediapress?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35744

Hi Javi,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

Thank your for the question.
    The MediaPress plugin is currently under maintenance mode only. We are waiting for BuddyPres team’s decision over media component. For last 2 years, in each release they start planning for media and then it doe snot land in the final.

Our current goal with MediaPress is to complement BuddyPress features and unless the BuddyPress team takes a final decision over media component, we are unable to move forward with the further integrations.

We are thinking of a future of MediaPress without BuddyPress(that will allow us to develop it independent of what route BuddyPress goes) but our team wants to wait for at least 2 more cycles of BuddyPress release before taking the final call.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved