BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] MediaPress + External Youtube link

• Participant
    theronin on #6213

Hello – first thank you for MediaPress. It is a very essential media plugin for BP.

I know this has been discussed in the forums and github – was wondering what the status is on allowing external video links like for youtube to be part of the video component of the media gallery?

In my case, I just cannot handle the load of video files so I rely on external links. Allowing it to be part of the library rather than requiring a video upload would be great. I know there was some concern on gitbhub about interface formatting and whether to make it a separate video type. There was a good point made that users don’t really care where it is hosted. As for interface, I think that becomes more of a minor concern than not having the functionality at all.

Thanks.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6225

Hi theronin,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

It is coming by the middle of December. We had it in plans for this month only, but from the looks of things, It is delayed.

I appreciate your feedback about the interface, I too started thinking the same 🙂

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Xochi on #6324

Greetings,
    I am really looking forward to this. I am developing a site for scholars and I am hoping to use MediaPress as a way for members to display their various works. I am also wondering if this ability to embed from an external url will also be possible in the “Documents” and “Audio” section of the site. We have authors and musicians whose content is accessed elsewhere (such as SoundCloud, Academia.com) and it would be great if those could also be embedded.
    Thanks for your great. I appreciate it.
    Xochi

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6327

Hi Xochi,
    Thank you.

Yes, It will support all oembed providers by default. I am aware that souncloud supports oembed but I am not sure about Academia.com.

You may see the list of supported providers by WordPress here

https://codex.wordpress.org/Embeds

We will allow custom URL too but the first priority is oembed.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    studioleland on #13624

Has there been any progress on this? We could really use this for our project.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #13636

Hi,
    It has been more than a year since we originally planned it.

It hasn’t received much attention due to some unfavourable circumstances. I am hoping to put some time in April and get this in the core.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16166

Marking it resolved as MediaPress 1.4.0 added support for it.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] MediaPress + External Youtube link’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved