BuddyDev

Search

MediaPress Featured Content collides with private message button

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #20964

Hi Brajesh, I just discovered MediaPress Featured Content, which is a very useful add-on to MediaPress.
    One problem though, the featured images collides with the private message button, pushing it to the right.
    Even worse on mobile.How do I keep the private message button in place on top of the featured images?

https://imgur.com/a/oAUU0JO
    https://imgur.com/a/Bqy0UWQ

Regards
    Carsten

• Participant
    calu on #20965

Btw, is it possible to add images to a private message+, the add media button in the private message tool box requires a link, which seems totally useless.

I think I saw this option somewhere, was it on BuddyDev?

Regards
    Carsten

• Participant
    calu on #20966

I have been looking at the Private settings in MediaPress. If I make an image or gallery private, how do I open up for displaying these images for selected users without having the Friends component active?

regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20967

Hi Carsten,
    1. You can disable the media in user header from MediaPress Settings->Addons page

2. We do have a plugin for message attachment but we decided to not release it for public. The reason is it is not possible to have private media files.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #20970

Hi Brajesh

>1. You can disable the media in user header from MediaPress Settings->Addons page<

yes, but I like to show the featured images in the header, just not on the same row as the private message button. I have tried different float left options with no luck.

I don’t know if you saw my post about how the Private settings in MediaPress works, can you have some images private and only accessible for selected users?

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20971

Hi Carsten,
    For marking a private gallery accessible to certain user, You will need to buy our shared gallery plugin. Please allow me to release it in next 5-8 days. It needs a code review before going public.

For the button and image, if you want to keep both, please contact your theme developer for the help.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20972

Hi Carsten,
    About the pribvate image in MediaPress. It is not private in the real sense. If a user know the exact url of media file(http://yoursite.com/wp-content/uploads/mediapress/xyz/abc.jpg), they can access it.

We have mentioned it time and again that the private media is not private in real sense. Specifically if the file url is known. My suggestion is to avoid using it for sensitive information.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved