BuddyDev

Search

Mediapress Gallery and Medias Pagination

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Carl on #8043

Hi Brajesh,

Is there a function that we could use to replace the gallery and medias pagination with a load more?

I’m asking because I have the qTranslateX plugin installed thatt is adding a ?lang=en at the end of permalinks and when I try to change page of galleries or medias in a gallery it brings me back to the same page that is the first page. When I hover the next page or another page number, I can see that Mediapress is adding the /page/2/ for example after my ?lang=en, so since it doesn’t recognize the url it brings me back to the same page. I’m not having this problem on any other page having a pagination like members, groups, notifications and messages.

So if I could create a function to load more via ajax, it would be great. If not would you have an idea where and how to modify the pagination links so it could get the permalinks without the ?lang=en at the end in order to get the correct next page link?

Thanks again for your time and keep up the good work!
    Carl

• Participant
    Carl on #8044

I was thinking more of an Infinte Scroll instaed of a Load More, sorry for that. And just to let you know, I’ve tried a couple of Infinte Scroll Load More plugins for WP to add an infinite scroll to gallery pages and it doesn’t work too since I still have the problem of the /page/2/ added after my qTranslateX ?lang=en at the end of permalinks.

So in order for you to not waste your time on an infinte scroll or load more function, if we could check the next page link problem before, I think that should be our first step. I should be fine with that. And after that if you have some time to check for an infinite scroll it would be perfect and if not, I’ll just take a WP plugin to do that since I know you are really busy.

Thanks again!

P.S.: By the way, I’ve tried to check your Community Builder Theme demo and the page is writing: WPDemo: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘community-builder-try.wpdemo_fbzDUDQvDr_options’ doesn’t exist

• Participant
    Carl on #8045

Just letting you know that I’ve jist tested the next image link when on single media page and it is bringing me correctly to that next media page so that function works correctly even with my ?lang=en.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #8211

Hi Carl,
    Thank you for posting.

You can easily create a load more or infinite scroll behaviour using the MPP_Media_Query
    https://buddydev.com/mediapress/topics/api-reference/core/mpp_media_query/

Also, we do plan to add this as a standard feature sometime in future.

PS: Thank you for letting me know about the demo. The issue was cropping up dues to the way WordPress behaves with mysql strict mode. we have it fixed now.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved