BuddyDev

Search

MediaPress Gallery Category

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Chelle Ellis on #32026

I am using the MediaPress Gallery Category plugin with BuddyPress and it was working fine. Suddenly I am not getting results when a dropdown category is selected, though. Are there any pages here to support MediaPress Gallery Category plugin?

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #32027

Hello Chelle,

Thank you for posting. Is there any chance that you have changed the BuddyPress template pack from ‘BuddyPress Legacy’ to ‘BuddyPress Nouveau’. If yes, Currently we do not support ‘BuddyPress Nouveau’ pack. Otherwise, try to debug by deactivating other plugins temporarily and switch to the default theme and check if the issue still persists or not. Also about pages, Are you looking for a page like a gallery to render all galleries come under a particular category?

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Chelle Ellis on #32035

Yes, I changed from Legacy to Nouveau, oof.. I love that look too. I have 7 categories that all images from 106 members are sorted into when they upload them.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #32039

Hello Chelle,

Thank you for the acknowledgement. Sorry, But MediaPress Gallery Category do not support BuddyPress Nouveau template pack.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Chelle Ellis on #32111

I am using the MediaPress Gallery Category plugin with BuddyPress Legacy now and it works fine. I would like the galleries to show up on the main page, similar to an Instagram feed. Is there a way to make the page load on the lower half of my main page, like a feed? Any suggestions appreciated.

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Earl D on #48719

Will BuddyPress Nouveau template pack.ever get supported?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48723

Hi Earl,
    For the category plugin we do not plan to do so.

BuddyPress 12.0.0 will support the media plugin released by BuddyPress core team and we do not see any value in perusing it.

Also, as a 3rd party developers, Nouveau had a lot of issue with js hooking that made it difficult.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Earl D on #48739

Will media press not be developed after BP 12 then? Is there a roadmap for media press?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48744

Hi Earl,
    Thank you for the reply.

Since last couple of years, we did not push MediaPress much because of the indecision. Originally, MediaPress was built for BuddyPress. We were aware that BuddyPress media integration was about to come but it took a lot longer than we expected(I was expecting in 2020-2021).

Now that BuddyPress will have its media component, we will have a lot of freedom to re-plan our future.

At the moment, I am seeing 2 path forward:- Making MediaPress a complete solution for front end use uploaded/shared gallery for WordPress or we add integration for some other platforms that lack media capability. I am more inclined for the first as we can put real effort without worrying about 3rd party compatibility.

I am still unsure and I am pretty sure that we will have to support MediaPress for BuddyPress for couple of years until most of our members move to the core solution but I am going to rethink its future for sure.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Earl D on #48761

Brajesh
    Thank you for the transparent and thoughtful response. Might I suggest a export/import feature for the core BP media component. That would. Be very helpful for those of us currently using mediapress.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved