BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Mediapress – gallery not found and URL error

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Derek on #51433

Hi there,

I’m having some trouble with users galleries.
    WP – 6.2.1
    BP – 12.1.1
    Mediapress – 1.5.9

After selecting a user gallery it would redirect to the 404 page. I followed some forum posts about adding BP Classic plugin. After install, the gallery goes to the blog page, but shows the correct gallery URL.

I noticed that the media page URL is: http://www.domain.com/user/media, then after selecting (where it goes to blog page), it says: http://www.domain.com/usermedia/gellery-name.

I assume that somehow the backslash before “media” gets removed on load to gallery page. I’m not sure how to make the URL keep the backslash. I noticed that if I add it in manually I am directed to the correct page.

Any suggestions?

I’ll admit I’m a little afraid to update WP to current 6.4.2 version, after update a couple months ago I had to roll back because it broke my site. However if needed, I can certainly give it a try.

Thanks,
    Derek

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51452

Hi Derek,
    Welcome to BuddyDev support forums.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

The URLs are incorrect. Please visit Dashboard->Settings->BuddyPress->Pages and ensure you have a Gallery page selected.
    That should fix it.

Please let me know if you have already done that.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Derek on #51518

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for feedback and support!

I went in and double checked, looks like it was set to the gallery page already, I set it again and saved to see if a simple re-save would solve it, but the problem is still persistent, nor does refreshing the permalink structure in the settings resolve it either.

I tested with a base wordpress theme, and found the issue was persistent there too when selecting “view” or the name of the album. Though when selecting the thumbnail directly the image would open in the lightbox without redirecting.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51526

Hi Derek,
    Thank you for the reply.

Please link me to a page on your site where I can see the issue. I am not sure what is the issue as the page selection should have resolved it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Derek on #51534

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for the support.

Turns out this was on me! I just decided to run a quick check with the permalinks setting again, my custom structure didn’t end with backslash. Once added everything seems to be working perfectly.

Thanks again for your help!

Derek

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51541

Hi Derek,
    Thank you.
    I am glad it worked.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved