BuddyDev

Search

Mediapress gives an error if I don't include text in the activity post form

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Mayzfieldtv on #34694

How do I make Mediapress allow posting without entering any text into the activity post form?

https://prnt.sc/vs09v6

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34695

Hi,
    Thank you for the question.

MediaPress does not handle posting the form, It is the theme that does. mediaPress attaches its data to theme’s posted data on the form submission.

The theme needs to allow posting empty activity from client side.

You can check this with Community Builder(Free or Pro) which allows it. I believe even BuddyBoss theme allows posting in similar manner. All other BuddyPress themes validate the content and will not allow MediaPress to work unless the theme allows it.

MediaPress does hooks on server side to allow posting empty activity if that activity contains Media.

So, Please check if the theme is restricting it nor not?

Regards
    Brajesh

PS:- Which theme are you using?

• Participant
    Mayzfieldtv on #34715

I’m only using Hello Elementor theme and Elementor Pro. Is there a code that I can add to allow post without text? Hello Elementor doesn’t have any code.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34733

Hi,
    Thank you for the reply.

There is no shortcut or simple solution for me to assist you. Sorry about this.

If you are using legacy template back, you will need to override buddypress.js and modify it to allow empty content.

If you are using BP nouveau, you will need to do the same in buddypress-activity-post-form.js

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mayzfieldtv on #38664

What about adding   in the text space so the person can just upload the media? How can I do that because I think that’s what rtmedia does, but I’m not sure.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #38666

Hi,
    The posting is handled by the theme and not MediaPress. we are simply appending our media ids in cookie and on post update, we check the cookie for the same and update. I will request you to contact the theme author.

They are better equipped to help you with this.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved