BuddyDev

Search

Mediapress Group Settings

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Local Guides Academy on #10512

Hi,

I am a bit at a loss and wonder if my struggle might have to do with some plugin conflict?

Where do one switch mediapress gallery on or off for buddypress groups?
    My only available option (that I have been able to find) is the Admin Settings for the Mediapress plugin, where I can either switch on or off default gallery for groups.

However, even here I am mystified, because for one of my groups when the default setting is switched off, the gallery shows and for the one where I have actually created a gallery, the gallery does not show after I switched off the default gallery setting.

Even when I create a new gallery in the admin of the Mediapress plugin, there is nowhere a setting where I can choose the component (e.g. groups, sitewide, etc.).

Before I go and switch off all my other plugins to check for a conflict, can anyone tell me where I would normally be able to change the gallery settings for each group?

Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #10520

Hi,
    My apologies for the inconvenience.

Please visit your Group->Manage screen and under settings, You will see “Enable Gallery”. Please make sure that it is enabled there.

It will be disabled most probably for groups created before the plugin was active. Please check and let me know if that works for you or not?

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Local Guides Academy on #10584

Thank you Yogi for getting back to me.
    I can now be more specific, since I have found the tick box under group settings when I create a new group. HOWEVER, none of my existing groups before I installed the plugin show that particular control. So, I am unable to activate or deactivate the gallery per group.

How to fix this?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #10587

Hi,
    That’s very strange. Even for the already existing groups, you should be able to enable/disable it from the Single Group->Manage->settings screen.

To enable by default for all groups or disable by default for all groups, please visit Dashboard->MediaPress->Settings->Groups Tab

You will see an option at the bottom

“Enable group galleries by default?” Please enable/disable as you see fit.

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved