BuddyDev

Search

MediaPress is stable now and available from WordPress plugin repo

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2400

Hi all,
    Thank you for using MediaPress. We have just released the stable version and you can upgrade from WordPress.org now

For more details, please see this post
    https://buddydev.com/mediapress-development/presenting-mediapress-stable/

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Venutius on #2430

Upgrading to the issued version causes the following errors:

Warning: fopen(/homepages/14/d69811276/htdocs/clickandbuilds/BrigantesNation2147/wp-content/plugins/mediapress-master/mediapress.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/14/d69811276/htdocs/clickandbuilds/BrigantesNation2147/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4463

Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /homepages/14/d69811276/htdocs/clickandbuilds/BrigantesNation2147/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4466

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /homepages/14/d69811276/htdocs/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4469

Warning: fopen(/homepages/14/d69811276/htdocs/clickandbuilds/BrigantesNation2147/wp-content/plugins/mediapress-master/mediapress.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/14/d69811276/htdocs/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4463

Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /homepages/14/d69811276/htdocs/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4466

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /homepages/14/d69811276/htdocs/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4469

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2431

Hi George,
    I am sorry for the inconvenience. These are the errors thrown by plugin installer not MediaPress.
    Please try doing this:-

1. Delete MediaPress from plugins page. If it gives you any issue, please use ftp to delete.
    2. Try installing again, if you see the issue, It is related to permissions on your wp-content folder. An easy way will be manually downloading and extracting the zip file and then uploading it to wp-content/plugins directory and then activating it.

A little explanation about the issue:- As you see from the above log, WordPress is trying to include MediaPress files but due to permission issue, It is not able to read them.

Please let me know, how it goes.

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    ngoegan on #2863

I uploaded the latest version and the galleries are showing up on my gallery page, but when I click to view any of the galleries, it takes me to the uploader with the menu options above it as follows: View, Edit Media, Add Media, Reorder, Edit Details, Delete

No matter what I click, I am unable to view the images in the gallery.

Please help,

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2874

Hi Ngoegan,
    I am sorry for the inconvenience. Most probably the Media items have no component set. Please visit Dashboard->MediaPress->All Galleries and check an individual gallery. Are the Media listed on the Gallery edit page or Galler->Edit Media tab in the admin?

• Participant
    ngoegan on #2878

No, there are no images there. But the Gallery is there with a cover photo. But again, when I go to the gallery page, it is showing 0 galleries 🙁

• Participant
    ngoegan on #2879

No, there are no images there. But the Gallery is there with a cover photo. But now, when I go to the gallery page, it is showing 0 galleries 🙁

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2880

Hi Ngoegan,
    I am sorry for the inconvenience. It seems that the association between media and gallery is broken due to not specified component. I am adding a tool that will allow you to fix it. The image are there and you can verify that by visiting WordPress Media section, It is the association that is broken.

You can continue adding images for now(they will appear). I am still not sure why this happened. If you can provide some details if you had changed some settings or something, that may help me update MediaPress to not cause it in future. The tool is coming anyway as I have seen 1 more instance of this happening on wp.org forum.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved